• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not let you. But that doesn't mean you have to listen.

At Bigwhite I was in a lesson (quite a few years ago) and our instructor was a level 3 and she was 6 months pregnent. You should have seen her going down some of the double blacks. She was good.

Bindings are mounted and they look amazing. It's amazing how light the FreeRides and Skis are. Compaired to my 1080's which are the same dimensions just shorter they are so much lighter. I am ery exited to get them on the snow.

Before you write off the idea of using your old skins on fat skis completely, borrow some treckers and try out your current skins on your bixsticks - they just might work well enough.

Yah the skins to bigstix doesn't look pretty. Like a narrow piece of tape. Also the tip of the bigstix is to big for the hoop thing on my G3's

It might be worth it though. I could probably rig something up. And I already have adapter thingys as well.

Line Bindings.

If anyone knows where there are actual reviews from people that have used them I would love to read them. The TGR thread can only be described as lame speculation from people that at most read about them.

I have spent a fair while trying to find out how much my Rossignol Axial 140 T-Plates weigh but I cant seem to find it. The only binding weights I can find are for super light ones that are bragging about being light. Any idea what a good pair of din12-14 bindings weigh?

You will notice that one of the first pieces of info Line gives you is the weight 1800grams per binding and challanges you to compare it to other top of the line bindings. The only proper review I can find so far is here and they dont even mention weight while they did for 2 other pairs of bindings.

p.s I'm getting a good deal on em.

Try NS for reviews. I think the system is good one binding for every ski just too heavy for me.

both sally

and the look jibs are really light around 1000 grams each

I dont like tyrolia but they make a very light din 11 and 12 binding.

Capt man Im talking about me and what I like.

I still havent found weights for bindings. Its almost like they are trying to hide the info.

Unfortunately I wont get to try them out for a while as I'm not going to mount them until the end of this season on new skis for NZ. I've got to finish off the Candides before I'm allowed new skis.

speaking for toque skins cut at 75mm width wont do any good on 106 width. we are talking 3 cms difference.

I got to pick up the line binders on Saturday. again I really like the system cause you can remount easy. but its felt really heavy to me.

In a few years when newer lighter materials can be used Ill get a pair for sure. For now I will stick with something a bit lighter

I would buy extra screws and rotate them though.

I really don't want to haul those monsters into the backcountry anyways. They are so heavy. Add my adapters to the mix and it would be like skinning with cinder blocks on my feet. I really like torturing myself on backcountry trips but I think that might be a little far.