• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo orange!

i have just come home for the weekend from perisher.

i was there with snowbaord freak for a week (im going back for 3 weeks) its ok, the snow is reasonable we could do with a nother good dump soon its starting to get sticky and slushy.....

its not to bad but, its very bussy - school hoildays - we have been hiking mth blue cow to get some decent snow, not to shabby after all but the gromers are SH I T E!!

anwyays the next few weeks hopefully well get some snow...!!!

kinda, but it's for safety cos they have to do avalanche control and stuff before they can let people on the mountain - and they are big mountains (in other words, no trees like here). Unlike Japan sometimes, in NZ you know that when things are closed there is a good reason.

also, cos there are no trees so when the weather is bad you cant see anything by that I mean absololutely nothing! cant even tell if your moving or not till you fall over. So its not so fun anyway.

but we do get an incredibly high number of clear days, it wont be white out for long, a day or two at the most. Many more clear days than japan even in march.

Not so good for the snow but good fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from 5 weeks at Perisher. It was looking pretty bad for a while there but then we had a 80cm+ system go through which really helped. Some areas where really bad, we had to catch a lift up on foot at one stage. Then we had another 20-25cm fall a couple of days later. It was bloody warm down there when we left yesterday, about 7c. So if it continues like that then there will be one hell of a melt! But all in all i've had a pretty good season so far.

\:\)

Well Snowfreak beat me to it! i was about to full u all in on what was going down at Perisher Blue but no...!

you all know now!!!

hahehhae!!

Its good to be back - but bad to be away from the snow... very sad...!

Awwww shucks OU. \:o (stupid embarrassed smilie that one). Had a blast the whole time we were there, it was great to meet OU - top bloke indeed! I'll let you know how i go with that big arse rainbow rail!

Yo Ryland check out my member page, i've already updated it with all the days i've done so far and i'll probably head back down on Friday morning for the weekend, but i'm not sure yet. I want to hit up the park and work on my rails a bit more. No backflip, db is just a bloody freak! A freak i tells ya!

Its looking pretty sad in NZ (looking at it through the internet anyway)

A few ski areas are closed waiting for more snow and the last snow fall was more than 15 days ago. It has been cold though apparantly but thats not much good without some precipitation.

Yeah had a phat ole time down there.Dunno why they don't build a decent parks down here.They only had a couple of table tops, a big arse rainbow rail(which I wasn't able to grease) and they threw in a rollercoaster rail which wasn't open the time I was there.

They built two nice smooth kickers for a Big Air Comp (which I regrettably didn't go in) but as soon as it finished they didn't let the public hit 'em. All they need to do is get a dude watching giving people the all clear or no go sign to people before they jump and it would be sweet they way they do at Dynas.

They need these facilities if they are gunna be any Aussies being more competitive in ski or snowboard comps o/s.

Yeah its not a bad photo. I like it to. The colours all work nicely together i reckon. Props has to go to s_f_g for that photo. She took it with my digital camera which is bloody hard to take action shots with because of the delay. Onya Sam!

I could try taking it into Photoshop and making my clothes nice, bright fluro colours. Maybe some greens, yellows, organes, and heck even some pink for good measure!

Is that the Suitcase air???

Nice to see the Aussei Snow Gums in the BG as well.

BTW, after years of pretending I am hip, I have to come clean: what does "props" stand for. I get the meaning, but what is the root?

Were you guys able to watch the video that OU brought. If you did you know that hokkaido isnt the only place for deep snow.

Damm it I have damaged my big toenail. Im afraid its going to fall off. Its going to make kayaking this weekend difficult and I think waterjumping is out of the question.