Does anybody play camping?

We have some friends from our Kansai days who have every kind of camping equipment available. Because they live in camping unfriendly places like Osaka and Kobe, we induce them to drive all the way to Nagano, Ehime and the like, with all their equipment, whereupon we sponge off them shamelessly. We just bring the basics - tent, mattress, beeping slags. They bring everything else and even large pets to keep us amused (indeed, watching a huge labrador from warm Kansai trying to get as close to the Nagano campfire without catching itself on fire is certainly good entertainment.)

As Ehime campsites are apparently not very accepting of pets, we're going to Hiroshima to meet them this time. While waiting for snowboard season to come around, it's pleasant to sit in the dark drinking a mixture of every kind of alchohol possible, smoking a big cigar, throwing faggots on the fire, and talking of the old days.

been playing alot of camping lately - feel a little inadaquate with all our small light tramping (hiking) gear set up next to the full car camping kits. Little tent tiny cooker and lamp etc..

I have all the BBQ tools though - blowtourch, lighter fluid etc..

whats with the variation in prices of camping spots - some are 5000 a night for 2 people while plenty that look almost the same are 300each a night.

Quote:
Originally posted by jared:

I have all the BBQ tools though - blowtourch, lighter fluid etc..

Philistine!

Yes we like to play. We are the Kansai camping type, with all the gear, set for a large party by the lake (Aoki being a particular favorite) right down to superlite for the mountain treks.

Summer didn't play by the rules though, so we barbecued for two days and nights in the rain, careful to keep the wine glasses lidded so as not to dilute...

Currently wanting the dog (a mastiff, perhaps), but not sure how well it would survive the fortnights between camping trips couped up in the van...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
throwing faggots on the fire
I camp lots but am more of a backpacker.

With all my nights around a campfire though I have never thrown somebody in just because they like to do it with the same sex.

my family camps well my parents do.... they have since they have been retired the last sorta 10 years now! crazy! anyways dad hates it but just goes to get sloshed all week.. they start drinking at 10am everyday tehre out in the sticks!

i havent been with them for a bout 7 years now...! i got oldenuff to stay home alone anywyas it was fun while it lasted we had a MASSIVE tent with 2 rooms and a foyer thing...! very classy but i wasnt too fond of showweing behind a tarp and with a little bag of hot water with a spout. mm... not fun!!