Hi Craig,

Yeah, my mind's made up for the Dirtsurfer. I came to the same conclusions as you, after a lot of video watching - certainly helps having ADSL for checking out this sort of gear.

Now it's just a question of saving up the dosh...

Thanks for the advice.

You guys talking about this have made me interested in it. May well go out and try to get one myself.

One of the really good things about a good Forum, hey.

Can do without the "cheesemans" and "the-idiots"...... smile.gif

philbaker, I think you should get one, see what they're like. They certainly look great if you've got somewhere to ride them, and maybe the skills required to ride safely.

I still plan to get a Dirtsurfer, real soon, real soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Checked out the carve board at a local board shop and the guy there was a keen rider. The distributor here is also keen to get it going and is offering demos. I might just try one out. Definitely looks fun and handles roads well with those big tyres. You don't even need much hill and they give your quads a wicked workout. hmmm.

cheers.

Hi Craig,

Got a lot of questions for you...

Where are you at? I'd like to get in contact with the distributor there. Could you give me an address or email address?

How much is he selling the boards for?

Which board is he selling?

I heard from the guy in the States that they wanted to sell them for some absurd price in Japan, and that they had developed a cheaper not so good version. Did you hear anything about that?

Hi O11,

I used to teach English in Hokkaido. Now I'm back home in Sydney, Australia.

I don't have any details for the distributor here. If I go for a demo, I'll be able to get them.

Don't know much about models and such.

cheers.

• 1 month later...

It looks like they're going to be doing something on one of these summer board things, freeboard or something. Looking forward to that. I don't suppose anyone has bought any of these alternatives yet?