What speed are you connected at?

I've not upgraded my internet connection for 18 months or so now and there seems to be some real speed available out there now. (I have an ADSL 8 speed). Anyone out there with megaspeed, and how fast?

I also had 8 speed in Japan. All the UPGRADE TO 12 SPEED NOW!! Advertising mail that OCN sent me was in Japanese, so I never upgraded. 8 Speed was good enough.

Here in the UK I still only have dial up and am considering keeping it that way considering that the standard household ADSL here is (wait for it) 0.56 speed! And for this 'speed' you pay in teh range of £20-30 per month.... not a good deal at all. 6 speed would cost me £100 per month (that 20,000 yen).

I assume that my company will pay for my ADSL 0.56 speed line. If they dont then I won't bother getting it

Hi db - are you sure about that? I'm sure my family over in the UK have a far better deal than what you are saying there...

Rach - It seems better deals are available, perhaps 2 speed for £20-30. However this is not all the time 2 speed. It is only 2 speed during the night and on some of the weekend. Day time is 0.5 speed. This is not so bad as I am at work then anyway. There are probably better deals. I normally like to go for a transparent and simple plan. I like to pay a fixed amount to have constant X speed service, everyday.

I'll have to ask my family - I'm sure there are lots of tsukaihodai, fast connection services over there.

If you look on that link I gave, you can compare the speeds of all the ADSL providers in the UK.

In that way you can work out which is the fastest (but it doesnt show pricing).