I have no idea what is currently playing in the U.S. but from what I get via satelite here in Japan I've got a few favs these days.

1- sex in the city

2- greg and darma (is greg actually British? I saw him on something from a long time ago and he had a different accent.)

3- Spin City

4- Frasier

Honorable mention:

-Seinfeld

-Son of the Beach (when my wife's not home..she hates it....also, anyone notice this show's executive producer is Howard Stern?))

-Mad TV

Honorable mention:

-Seinfeld...great show, a bit boring at times

2nd best show ever...The Simpsons

Best show ever...way better than any of that dry British crap.....The Daily Show....with John Stewart.....

Some of us 'get it'.

Geez....I forgot to add the Simpsons!!

Also, King of the Hill cracks me up on occacion.

Cheers was a great US comedy.

Plucky, besides 'getting it,' how do you GET IT? You guys have The Comedy Channel up there too? I don't get Jon Stewart on any of my Sky/Perfect channels....

Ps- you coming down here or what?

Whats on the tube in America??? I couldnt name one show on wakaranai.gif I guess many of you have satellite dishes eh? Havent had one since being in Japan - thought about it though.

Japanese comedies/variety:

London Boots/Hearts etc. Atsushi and Ryo are nutters!

Sanma is always good for a laugh

Tamori and Iitomo has sexy women on all the time

Downtown

Probably the shows I usually watch weekly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
Geez....I forgot to add the Simpsons!!

Also, King of the Hill cracks me up on occacion.

Cheers was a great US comedy.

Plucky, besides 'getting it,' how do you GET IT? You guys have The Comedy Channel up there too? I don't get Jon Stewart on any of my Sky/Perfect channels....

Ps- you coming down here or what?
Nah, that was just a barb at you elephants \:\)

We don't get jack up here. Hell, they're replaying the Cosby show right now. BUT, the Simpsons are on every night! Man, I love that show!

Kintaro, PM me - I'm down there in a heartbeat. Is Gassan still open? Simon Bernard (the local Hakkoda expert) said it was kinda weak this year. He was up there 3 weeks ago. Love to see Sendai though. Could bring some boards and suits and we could hit the surf????

How's that place in HI by the way ;\) Just found out I'm still an official resident of that state!
 Quote:
Originally posted by MistaSparkle*:
The daily show is good, but without a doubt, Chappelle\'s show is the hottest comedy right now in the states.

I'm also a fan of Conan O'Brien, even though he sticks to a pretty solid formula, IMO he's one of the best interviewers on TV.
I really want to see Dave Chappelle's show. I haven't had the opportunity yet.

I've also missed out on 3 years of South Park. Another great US comedy! I've heard there have been some great ones the last 2 years.

Dr Phil is another gem. I can't help to laugh watching a fat ass give weight loss advice to lonely house moms \:D