Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
My friends used to live next to Hampstead heath
watashi mo.

It is bloody amazing. I have never seen such a massive and rambling green area in the middle of a big city like London. It is seriously huge, and as I am sure you know, great for off-track running and muddy hill running. Also good for walking around chatting to other people and conveniently surrounded with pubs. Hampstead is great, probably the best non-beachside suburb I have ever been in. Certainly one of the most attractive city suburbs I have seen.

Overall, London should be commended for all its parks and commons. They add massive lifestyle value to the city and the local communities that are near them benefit no end. Plus in Autumn they look really pretty, even on classic drizzly glum and muddy days with some fog. Bad weather really suits this city, I like it!

I thought it sounded like Hampstead, parks are indeed one of the best things about London. I enjoyed quite a few muddy runs around the heath. Wimbeldon common and Richmond park are awesome as well, there's even a herd of wild deer running about.

I knocked back one and half bottles of pastis, the liquoricy aniseed one from Provence, in a week in France. Fantastic stuff.

The liquorice (reglisse) ice cream you get on the Cote d'Azur is also delicious.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
DB how much does it cost?
Mr Bigwill, We were being forced to pay £7 per drink. Having it with apple juice and something else that I cant remember plus lots of ice.

> Overall, London should be commended for all its parks and commons

You might try any of the other cities in Britain. Most have something somewhat similar. Although Hampstead Heath is quite special. I heard that some people smoke spliffs on the Heath, besides drinking 19th century artists beverages. I wonder if it's true.