Hey just wanted to see what you guys/girls would recommend for new snowboarding gloves and goggles? I went cheap last year and regret it. I was looking at buying the burton gore gloves for all around use esp. in powder, does anyone recommend anything else.

Also I have a pair of rusty goggles but i'm thinking about upgrading. Is it really worth it to spend over a man ($100 US) on goggles or should I just stick to what I have?

best goggles that dont fog up and wont break the bank are the older scotts. sort of bolle shape.

Gloves If you are going to buy good ones go to the loacal yama shop and buy the ones that they sell.

I buy cheap and then get extra liners for hot and cold days. great hand savers 100 yen stretchy gloves

I'm also using Oaklys they seem alright. I've only used last season and have had no complaints.

Gloves if you can find the over here go with a pair of Marmot Ultimate ski gloves. Have owned a pair for over six years. I was patroling in these gloves and they still are in good condition.

There a bit pricey but worth every bit $150.00

Quattro

Huh? I always have problems with Oakley. The lenses are good for 1 season and then turn dull. It doesn't matter which color I used. Another thing is that they always fogged up. This was 4 years ago, they might have improved by now. They should if you look at the price tag.

I like Scott but I really love my Zeal Optics especially the LINK. you get 2 lenses plus a goggle case for $90 at the main site but if you look around the net you can get it a lot cheaper.

http://www.zealoptics.com

twice i've bought expensive burton mittens, both times they fallen apart on my over the course of long seasons. they start fraying quickly. last year i bought some cheap ones from a shop in jimbocho that had sale items in a box outside, and they work a treat. as long as they have removeable liners inside they should be plenty warm enough.

goggles, i use oakley a-frames, but i like bolles alot

Hey Sanno,

I was just wondering if you bought your Zeal goggles in Japan? I checked out the website and would love to buy a pair, but I really want to try them on before buying them. Thanks

Norfolk

Gloves are like any other piece of clothing you may wear. Take the conditions and the type of skiing into account. You may want to wear liners on a really warm day or skinning up a hill. On other days when the weather is crap you may want a full gore-tex glove. Also remember to vent them out on lifts wet hands = cold hands.

Yes, i have way too much gear. I am an instructor, and i am out almost every day, so we have lots of stuff for all the changes in condition. It really depends on how much you are out. If you are just doing a once-a-weekend type of thing, then just one pair of gloves with removable liners should be fine. If you go out more, and if you do lots of spring skiing/riding, another pair of half pipe gloves are handy. Same with goggles. One pair with an all-round lens is fine, but if you do alot of night skiing or in lots of variable weather, having two pairs one pair with or two or three different lenses is a good idea too.

It's too bad the sport has to be so expensive and elitist.