thanks to jet I managed to save enough to pay off my 4 years of student loans in just 18 months.

But, I havent actually paid them off.

I get 4.5% interest on my savings, while the student loan interest rate is around 2%. Thus it makes more sense to hang on to that money as long as possible, right?

Had a little scholarship for running, and one for decent grades but I lost that one after the first year and had to take out the Stafford Loan. Cheapest loan Ill ever get but still paying that bugger back and with the exchange rate fluctuating the way it does I end up loosing more money some months than others. Cant wait to finish paying off my debt \:\(

Ha ha, I only had to borrow 500 quid from my dad, interest free, and I paid it back from my first paycheck. :p

How tragic to be saddled with such debts from the general waste of time that is 'higher' education.

I have about the same as Jared. Although maybe his is in NZ dollars.

30,000 for student loans and then 10,000 personal. Interest isn't to bad though and I get to write it off off my taxes \:D So that makes it all worth while ;\) Hoping to pay off half of it before going home.

Already I have ridden myself of a small portion of it.

getting a masters. hoping it'll help me later when i apply to doctoral programs in psychology.

but sometimes i'm really excited about it, other times i feel like theres something different i should be doing, but what??? confused.gif