Yet another music thread....Which decade?

But we all love music don't we, so its ok.

I've recently been converting all my music to put in my kPod and noticed something quite scary. A majority of my music comes from the 80s. eek.gif I was quite shocked! lol.gif

So the poll is - the decade that wins in the "most of my music" stakes is....

I graduated from highschool in the 1990's. I voted '90's but whole genre's of music that I listen to are not '90's. I prefer older reggae..Bob Marley time stuff. I like the pre-grundge era alternative music scene like old U2 or REM, the Smiths, the Cure... etc. of the 80's. It's a tossup but I've probably got mostly 90's stuff on my computer.

Probably late 80s, coz that will be the soundtrack that I grew up to. Theres not that much music now that excites me like it used to back then.

Quote:
Originally posted by frannyo:
What is 50s music anyway? confused.gif
Try "A Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis, for starters.
It beats the pants off any "chill-out" album, especially late at night with a glass of strong grog.

If you like blues, that goes way back to the twenties or whenever Robert Johnson went down to the crossroads and got down on his knees.

While certain genres have definitely have golden ages, for music as a whole I think you get as more or less the same amount of goodies at any one time.