1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

What do you consider to be the most gaijin friendly ski/snowboard resort in Japan?

Factors to consider would be availability of English (signage, website, etc.) as well as a general feel of welcome, or other reasons.

If you have another resort in mind, please post a followup reply.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
not enough on that poll to matter
FT, with this post and another in response to a Canadian dude looking to visit Japan (the guy asking all the questions) I think you have taken over me as resident grumpy bugger. :p

I know this isn't your question, but I just don't think there is any need to be "gaijin-friendly" once you are there - after all you don't need to speak with anyone there or anything. As long as the menu is not just exclusively natto as well,...

Getting people to go there in the first place is a different matter of course.

Actually, gg, I remember just a few years back when I didn't know any Japanese, I was completely lost in a Japanese resort. (It was Rusutsu). I had a hard time making rentals, working out how the ski locker works, how to buy the ski pass, how to buy Ramen.....etc.

The only place I felt at home in was in Club Med at Sahoro.

However, once I learnt a little Japanese, it's like a whole new world opened up and it's great fun.