SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
echineko

Mork and Mindy

Was this series popular? When I was younger I used to laugh at it, I saw some clip on tv last weekend and thought it looked old and not so funny.

Not funny then.

Not funny now.

(As is anything with Robin Williams in it)

It seems that Robin Williams has recently realized that he is a cringeworthy bastard and has tried to cash in on it by becoming a baddy (following in Steve Martin's footsteps). But he doesn't see that the problem is that he's basically unwatchable, unlike Steve Martin.

(Footnote: I did once see a clip of RW doing an obviously well-practiced but impromptu-looking skit of ordering beer in a lot of languages, including Chinese, and it was quite funny, but that has more to do with the inherent joyfulness of ordering beer wherever you may be.)

No, so many people seemed to love that flick. I never liked it. I can't remember seeing anything with him in it that I liked. Actually Mork and Mindy was probably the best.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.