I'm worried recently that i dont get enough sleep. I'm averaging about 6 a day at the mo and want to get more, but it just dont seem to happen. How many hours a day average do you sleep?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was really bad the last few months (university), averaged around 5-6 a night and it wasnt unusual to have atleast one all nighter a week (during the week that is).

i feel like im still making up for it now and need to get atleast 9-10 hours.

http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001156#000000

here is an old thread thrashing out the virtues of too much sleep.

I second O11 there on the 7 hours sleep bit, just check the link in the post I made in the old thread. Its all there.

Dont worry Big Will if you can function well on 6 hours then leave well enogh alone, according to all that research you might live longer

one also needs to consider the quality sustained sleep. I might be in bed for 7 hours but how much of that is good sleep?

These days with a steady relaxed lifestyle I seem to wake quite well and am strong in the morning with 7 hours sleep. This is something that I am quite enjoying. It is good to feel good.

My room face to east. So, I wake up very early in summer. I like it, sometimes I can see beautiful sunrise color in my bed. But only 5 hours sleep, I have to struggle against sleepiness in the afternoon.

I need more sleep, oyasumi. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
My room face to east. So, I wake up very early in summer. I like it, sometimes I can see beautiful sunrise color in my bed. But only 5 hours sleep, I have to struggle against sleepiness in the afternoon.
I need more sleep, oyasumi. ;\)
our house has silly curtains that are really thick, during the day they block out all of the sun - so you can easily sleep the entire day in complete darkness. terrible if you're the sort of person that gets really drowsy by darkness, or if you, godforbid, enjoy natural sunlight in the morning.

I wanna know how everyone who works full time and gets up at 7am like the rest of us manages to get a good 8 hours of uninterupted sleep in each night and also have an extended and non-selfish sex life most evenings. What time do you guys go to bed?? 10pm? What time do you get home? 8pm? That leaves 2 hours to run your entire out of work life including eating and dull household admin?? It is not possible!

It is not possible to have a hard working career, a well maintained healthy existence, 8 hours of sleep per night and a good sex life.