A friend of mine who just loves Fox News is very sad now they've announced they're stopping their service in Japan end of next month. No more Bill or Ann Coulter!!!

(Hurray!)

More like no-one watching. I hope they don't stop the Fox entertainment channel anytime soon - I like that one.

-------------------

Fox News Channel To Sign Off In Japan - Nikkei

TOKYO (Nikkei)

News Broadcasting Japan Co. has decided to stop airing the U.S.-based Fox News Channel at the end of July, The Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported in its Wednesday morning edition.

The News Corp. Ltd. (NWS) group company airs the news channel, as well as the Fox network and the National Geographic Channel, through satellite broadcaster Sky Perfect Communications Inc.

But the company has signed up only about 4,000 subscribers to the news channel, and has concluded that reaching a suitable level of profitability is almost impossible.

Broadcasting of the other two channels will continue.

Thanks for the link No-Fakie. interesting.

To me it sounds like Ofcom and the BBC are a crock of $hit cry babies. How many complaints? 23?? Who cares? I'm gonna miss the Fox news financial reports and the morning news with shepard smith (he cracks me up)...and basically just the choice of having an alternative over the staunch, Euro-centric BS coverage of the BBC and CNN. Hell, I might even turn on my NHK for the first time in years.

Rant over, I think you are correct Pon Farr. I think it was a financial desician on the part of FOX.

Well i wish CNN would piss off the US crap at the wrong time of day!

They used to have biz news international in the am so that we could catch up on world news but now they have US current affairs evening programs on??? Just doesn't seem right watching evening programs in the morning.

> To me it sounds like Ofcom and the BBC are a crock of $hit cry babies. How many complaints? 23?? Who cares?

I do. I'm glad arse-face is off the air, and people who enjoy that sort of spleen are going to have to find something else to do with their precious time. I've watched old newsreels of Joseph Goebbels, and he was more attractive than arse-face. At least Goebbels didn't actual spit when he talked.

:rolleyes: but ignorant fool, shouldn't we have the choice of which ass-face we want to watch, wether it be Joseph Goebbels, Benny Hill, or the Al Jazeera network? And what do you care? Just turn the channel to your all knowing BBC and blisfully ignore all the other crap.

we dont get fox but CNNj is utter sh*t, they should seriously go back to the international CNN. Most other countries in the region get international CNN so why not Japan?

American Morning just seems like one massive pisstake. They are insulting my intelligence with all their talk of Martha Stewart and cats stuck up trees. How the hell is this making international news?

Survival of the fittest mate. Arse-face didn't quite have what it takes to last. Market forces and all that. Truth has more than commodity value in the marketplace, as Bush will soon find. These are his running dogs that are being rolled back here.

Manda, you are right on. It's pathetic what they broadcast here in Japan. Nowadays, I watch it less than twice a week at most. Garbage!!

By the way Ocean1 1, who is "Arse face" anyway?? It seems to me that arse-face has made a bit of an impact on your life. Do you think arse-face knows your name?

I still think the freedom of choice is the best choice. Tell me where I'm wrong? lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:

I'm gonna miss the Fox news financial reports
Good god are you serious??!!!

Within the professional financial world and private world of serious traders, ox (and CNBC) finance is deemed the most insulting and hyper ego drum beating flash glam crap available which has NOTHING to do with real finance at all. PLEASE don’t tell me you use Fox finance output as input to your investment decisions.

Fox is an all round insult to human dignity and mental capability.

But I am anti-American (not a joke, I am. I like my yank mates quite a bit but the nation in its current state is something that I am against).

I don't use fox to make my financial decisions db, I just enjoy Neil Cavuto's dialague. I also watch Bloomberg...but I don't make trades based on anything I see on tv. Ever. It's just entertainment.

lol.gif lol.gif db, I used to do what I suspect you do for a living and the professional financial world is mostly garbage too. you know you guys don't do anything that requires thought on a daily (yearly) basis. So by you weighing in as some heavy hitter WITHIN the financial world expert is a joke to me. I don't care what you watch on TV or which entire nations you choose to be anti. But thank you for sharing you opinion from within the professional finance WORLD....now be a good boy and go stroke your ego some more.

Arse-face is John Gibson, with his frothing-at-the-mouth Americanism. I've only watched him once, but looking at his face strongly reminded me of looking at some bloke's bare arse in a swimming pool changing room - not something you want to linger on. Do I think he knows my name? Er, no Kintaro, I doubt it. Was that supposed to sting or something?

I see you take your communication style from Fox: say something that is plainly shit and when you get called on it, back it up with childish bravado and one-liners that fall flat. But the difference is, the people on Fox get paid for it, and they have an appreciative audience, albeit a shrinking one.

As for where you're wrong about 'freedom of choice' - the freedom has been exercised and the choice has been made. America also had freedom of choice in who they elected as president and which media they listen to. As a result, they have lost hundreds of soldiers and civilians, slaughtered countless Afghans and Iraqis, increased terrorism very significantly, and brought Islamic extremism to Iraq where previously it didn't exist. And all the frothing-at-the-mouth Americanism over the last few years has made America one of the most despised countries ever.

Now run off and listen to Fox and comfort yourself that it's all pure envy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:

lol.gif lol.gif db, I used to do what I suspect you do for a living and the professional financial world is mostly garbage too. you know you guys don't do anything that requires thought on a daily (yearly) basis. So by you weighing in as some heavy hitter WITHIN the financial world expert is a joke to me. I don't care what you watch on TV or which entire nations you choose to be anti. But thank you for sharing you opinion from within the professional finance WORLD....now be a good boy and go stroke your ego some more.
The tone of your response tells a different tale to the words employed. And your suspicions are incorrect. As for not requiring thought; To respond any more would require my ego to step out of its cave and it seems that already one ego has been stroked backwards. I will leave you with your itchy palms, sucker.

Your 'like a fly to sh*t' predictability and excitement as a result of seeing purposely reactive statements is exactly the type of viewing base characteristic that Fox thrives on. Vive le Fox you say? Vive le kintaro I reckon they say.

Sorry, I forgot the Freedom Fries complex. Re-word as required to replace "vive le" with "god bless"

American aggressive way causes many problems and Economic market causes many problems, too. I think both sides are to blame. But when I learned about Currency transactions taxes which will be launched in EU and Switzerland within few years, I really thought the European governments are much more reliable than the US, Japan.

I don't say that I'm anti-American but I think that American government and media are vulgar.

You know, I agree with all the Fox haters. But in a way that makes it all the more compelling to watch - its like "are they really saying that?" kind of thing.

Is it true that it is mega-popular in the States, or are they making that up too?

This article is kind of interesting regarding Fox being #1 in the US: Link

Quote:
Fox vs. everyone else

Fox News Channel, then, is so far neither the choice of most people who watch cable news, nor the more successful business model. But the perception that Fox is "trouncing" CNN--based largely on the fact that the number Nielsen releases to the public emphasizes heavy viewers--is of great use to Fox, which trumpets these ratings as a vindication of its partisan, "fair & balanced" approach to the news. Reacting to a guest's charge that Fox had a right-wing bias, Brian Kilmeade, co-host of the successful Fox & Friends morning show (2/25/03), boasted: "Then what does that say about the country when they made us No. 1?"

But even in the limited sense of average hourly watchers, Fox is only No. 1 among 24-hour cable news channels. Fox, like CNN, now reaches about 4 of every 5 television households, so comparisons with broadcast news shows are increasingly valid. And among all television news sources, Fox's performance is nothing to brag about.

The O'Reilly Factor is the best-rated show on Fox, with about 2 million viewers a night (Daily Variety, 12/5/03). CBS Evening News, the least-watched broadcast network evening news show, routinely gets four or five times as big an audience, and that's seen as a ratings disaster. Fox's flagship news show, Special Report with Brit Hume, gets a million viewers on a good night-a few thousand more than the local newscast of New York City's WNBC (Hollywood Reporter, 10/1/03; Nielsen).

Fox likes to position itself as the alternative to all the other news that's on TV. As Fox News president Roger Ailes likes to claim (New York Times, 6/24/01), "If we look conservative, it's because the other guys are so far to the left." If it's true that news can be put into two categories--Fox and everything else--then when Special Report airs, everything else beats Fox by at least 30 to one.

Think how lucky we are being able to view his talking points on the website. heres todays:

I bet that some time in your life, you've done a favor for somebody and suffered because of it. Well, that's what's happening to the USA right now. We did a favor for the world by removing a brutal dictator and giving millions of people a chance for freedom in Iraq (search). And now we're paying a huge price.

Take a look at these Iraqi morons, celebrating the murders of 13 people, an American, eight Iraqis and four others. A terrorist bomb killed those poor souls. And the disgusting people you are looking at in Baghdad think it's just great.

Now, that kind of image is tough to take, because even though I believe most Iraqis are decent people, there are far too many bad Iraqis. And America's losing fine soldiers trying to bring freedom to that country.

There's no question that we are the good guys in Iraq, just as we were in South Vietnam, Korea, and during World War II. All of those conflicts were fought to keep people free. But many ignorant people think we're the bad guys.

The truth is that waging aggressive war against terrorism is a must. We have to do it. Maybe Iraq is the wrong battlefield, but our intentions there are honorable.

Saddam was a terrorist and a mass murderer. There's no question about that. While the Bush administration was embarrassingly wrong about WMDs, and that hurt the moral clarity of the war, captured Iraqi documents are now proving that Saddam did indeed have ties to Al Qaeda and bin Laden.

Just today, the war criminal Abu al-Zarqawi, an Al Qaeda leader, claimed responsibility for killing the 13 human beings you saw when they died yesterday in Iraq. Zarqawi fled to Iraq after he was wounded in Afghanistan and was given safe harbor and medical treatment by Saddam.

So somebody alert Al Gore to that connection. The perception that America is somehow the villain in Iraq comes from America's enemies abroad, and that includes France, and from anti-Bush partisans here in the USA. Certainly Abu Ghraib was horrendous, but those soldiers don't represent this country. They committed crimes and they'll pay for those crimes.

And any government official or military brass that aided those crimes should also be punished.

Talking Points is angry that so many people abroad simply will not unite to fight terrorism and evil, and that millions of Americans don't understand the country's at war. And it has to be. Sticking your head in the proverbial sand, hoping you won't be harmed by terrorists is not going to cut it anymore. We're fighting for our lives here. How we fight is, of course, a legitimate debate, but portraying America as the bad guy is simply dangerous, dishonest and pathetic.

And that's The Memo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122820,00.html

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion:
While the Bush administration was embarrassingly wrong about WMDs, and that hurt the moral clarity of the war, captured Iraqi documents are now proving that Saddam did indeed have ties to Al Qaeda and bin Laden.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122820,00.html
Even the 9-11 Commission has accepted that there were no links (AT ALL) between Iraq and bin Laden.

All politicians and political commentators cherry pick evidence to a certain extent, but to do so so drastically to support war, the most drastic action the state can take, is a sign of meglomania.

With so many of the top generals coming out against Bush, I think its time for them to force out the neo-cons (what would be called a coup in a lesser developed country). The idea has even been floated in the Army Times.

http://globalsecurity.com/us_politics/america\'s_military.htm