• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.notmilk.com/

http://www.gentlebirth.org/nwnm.org/Got_Milk_Too_Bad.htm

http://www.nomilk.com/

http://milksucks.com/more.html

among many websites that reveal the other side fo the milk story, I developed adult onset lactose intolerance 3 years ago and was initally gutted by the fact as until then I had always drinked milk one litre at a time sometimes but after research I became to feel it was a blessing in disguise.

I am hearing you Powwers scientists and doctors have done their homework, they have presented the facts, but most of the world is blinded by their love of the dairy and the propaganda of the Diary industry with way too much to loose.

People smoke despite the dangers, they eat maccas and they drink milk. If you are fully aware of the consequeneces of your actions then by all means go ahead do as you wish.

I feel sorry for Kids are forced to drink milk when they bodies are susceptable to the problems of milk, the allergies and asthma and their parents blindly keep feeding them milk.

Quote:
Contrary to the image that the powerful dairy industry has generated for their products, dairy foods are some of the most likely to adversely affect the health of adults and children. In addition to their high content of cholesterol and saturated fat (excesses of which are the primary causes of atherosclerosis and heart disease), dairy products are a leading source of delayed food allergies cause a variety of symptoms when consumed including diarrhea, abdominal pain, eczema (skin rash), joint pain, gas, bloating, migraine headache, asthma, acne, fatigue, runny nose, diabetes and even immune dysfunction. Because there is often a delay in the onset of these symptoms, few people attribute their condition to the dairy products they have eaten. It is not until individuals entirely eliminate dairy products from their diet that they have the opportunity to experience relief and understand the connection between their consumption of milk products and these symptoms. (118)

Whilst I agree that milk has it's downsides, it's blatant sensationalism to say it has no nutritional value. If you have the above conditions, one should re-evaluate dairy useage, but moderate skim-milk intake has many health benefits as well.

It's, again, bollox to compare milk to smoking, smoking offers nothing positive save the action itself. Any of the anti-milk brigade drink alchohol...

Kamo-do you ingest much soy protein as a substitute...careful now ;\)

A liter at one sitting... I think there's a lesson in moderation to be learnt here...

this is outta control init? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

:rolleyes: ya can compare smoking and drinking milk, bcos milk, like smoking is no good for ya, but people still choose to do it because they enjoy it/it tastes good.

also, i never said that milk has NO nutritional value. peeps don`t chew tobacco leaves for their high amino acid content. so it makes sense that you shouldn`t drink milk for tha sole purpose of gettin ya calcium intake.

oh, and may tha lord jesus christ, our savior bless everyone. (including the non-milk drinkers) ;\) :p

Quote:
Originally posted by powwwers:
this is outta control init? lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

:rolleyes: ya can compare smoking and drinking milk, bcos milk, like smoking is no good for ya,
I think 99% of top power athletes would disagree with you... :p

Milk is chillin

Giz is chillin

What more can I say

Top Billin'! (*)

Methinks the "land of milk and honey" predates the creation of the dairy industry and its nefarious advertising.

Did Charlton Heston leave the fruitarians behind?

(*) Only seriously old skool hedz need apply

Quote:
How can you compare Milk and Smoking?
good point you cant really compare them for the adverse effects to your health. Smoking is is another league. Milk has some pros - protein, calcium and tastes good, I freely admit I love the taste. All I was getting at was that like smoking, milk consumption has been shown to detrimental to the health( maybe not all like smoking but it to varying degrees affects people adversely), yet many people choose to ignore the information and continue to consume it regularly.
A bad comparison nevertheless.
 Quote:
Just drink it and be happy already!!
you know Toque I probably would still treat myself a glass of milk occasionally if it didnt me instant diarrheoa!
 Quote:
it's blatant sensationalism to say it has no nutritional value
I dont argue that milk has nutritional value, its just the side affects that are worrying
 Quote:
Kamo-do you ingest much soy protein as a substitute...careful now
Miteyak good question and the answer is not really. I use a bit of Soy milk on cereal only, and eat tofu once a week on average, natto 2-3 times a week, so I am not going overboard.

Quote:
Any of the anti-milk brigade drink alchohol...
funnily enough alcohol is in the same boat as milk, it does have some positives, a glass of red wine is quite good for the heart. Myself I have a few drinks 2-3 times a month, last week when watching the AB-Eng game with the lads I drank oolong tea, wasnt in the mood to drink so didnt. I can take or leave booze, consumed enough of the stuff at Uni to last a lifetime.
 Quote:
A liter at one sitting... I think there's a lesson in moderation to be learnt here...
touche touche, I used to love drinking milk, when I was weight training hard out it was a great way to get protein, loved milkshakes and would still drink it if I could, but much less frequently than I did in the past.

You would still drink it if you could they say? are you being a hypocrite they say?
Well to be honest I would still have a glass if I could now and then as a treat, but nowhere near the quantities I used to consume,now that I am in full possession of the facts about milks side effects. The thing is life is too short so why deny yourself the pleasures? I still have the occasional icecream and yoghurt( doesnt seem to bug lactose wise me like milk does)and eat chocolate. I do it because I love those foods,but am careful about it now I know the risks, every now and then, not everyday.

Myself and Powwwers are just getting the word out there. I was in the dark about milk until I couldnt drink it. I am sure people reading this thread were mostly oblivious to the other side of milk.
Information can be a powerful thing.

alot of my friends who are only 18-20 have developed lactose intolerance. many of whom were once quite big milk drinkers.

i dont drink milk at all anymore. it is rare to find milk in our fridge.

im convinced that anyone who has cracked open a carton, taken a swig and experienced "chunky milk" (off milk) will be put off it for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally posted by kamo:
I probably would still treat myself a glass of milk occasionally if it didnt me instant diarrheoa!
Now come on. Everybody likes a little Diarrheoa. Makes you feel alive ;\) The burst of energy as you run for the toilet ;\)

Funny discussion going on here lol.gif

First, I have to have milk in coffee, along with sugar. Luv that taste!!

Second, I dont drink milk besides in my coffee. As adults, we dont need it anymore. If you like the taste of it, and think you need it daily, drink it then. I just dont need it. Would prefer to drink a nice glass of water than anything.

Comparing the harmful effects of milk and smoking is like apples and oranges. Would think drinking beer or tokin a J would make more sense wakaranai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Look for 低温殺菌 (pasteurized) milk.

You can get some that's only heated to 65 degrees. There are lots of different brands, at least here in Nagano. There's even a skimmed one.