I don’t care. Really not important to me. Anyone still around that wants something to visit on a regular basis can decide what to do with me. I respect their right to that and concede that it is a sad and sensitive occasion.

However if no one has any preferences then I would just a happily be put in the boot of a pink Cadillac dropped from a heavy lift helicopter onto/into anything that takes their fancy at the time. Or perhaps I could be sent down with the next concrete block of yellow cake that a nuclear power generating country delivers to the depths of the Atlantic.

But I have a funny story about ashes.

I was up on 1 of my favorite mountains in Canada just before moving to Japan 1 year ago. I had hiked up there with my father and we were watching the sun set. Beautiful night.

I was sitting right on the peak and put my hand down to run it through some interesting looking sand. What's this? Little chunks of white. Hmm. That's interesting. Go in for closer insepection. Yup. That's gray dust/sand with little chunks of white stuff.

Now the wheels started turning. This isn't native to this mountains geology. What the ****. No it couldn't be. But waite a second. It's ****ing human remains. Some nimrod had dumped ashes on the summit. No they hadn't thrown them into the wind like a normal person. They had dumped them into a little depression on the very top of the mountain.

This is a very popular mountain which is why I had hiked it in the evening. It's not unusual to find dozens of people along the trail with maybe 20 or 30 near the summit. Would not want to be downwind of the ashes and get a mouthful of grandpa.

3428_Cheam.JPG

This is the mountain. Mount Cheam in South Western BC. Right on the summit. Bastards.

There's a pretty funny scene at the end of an anotherwise hopelessly boring Jeff Bridges film involving ashes getting blown in his face. But where ashes get blown is something of an old saw anyway.

At least they didn't make grandad walk up there to die like in the film 'Ballad of Narayama'.

At the end of the film, the retarded guy is happy because it starts snowing and his grandma on the mountain will die quickly and not suffer.

And soon he will be able to go snowboarding again.

Can we change this topic to "Burned or buried or left on the mountain for the crows" please?

when i die, i wanna be an organ donor or donate my body to science or whatever. then they can burn the remains and sprinkle 'em somewhere. when i was younger i wanted was thinking the place would be off a hillside on st. john but now i dunno.

Isn't it more than a little egotistical to want your ashes sprinkled somewhere 'special'? You want to pollute the world even after you're dead by having somebody fly to Hawaii or wherever just to perform a completely meaningless ceremony?