Hi! I have a question, I can't find simple answer to. Is there some Jewish people here? And what does it mean to you, your upbringing or what is different? Is it equivalant of Catholic?

Sorry stupid question!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few Jewish friends, they have many traditions, they believe in the same God but not the same Messiah, if that makes any sense. They believe Jesus existed but is not the Messiah. Their upbringing can vary depending on if they are modern Jewish or traditional. Alot of traditional Jews are in New York, they're the ones that have the curly hair hanging in front of their ears (forgot what they call that)... anymore questions I can Google it. hahaha lol.gif

I may be a tasteless D-head when it comes to fashion but at least I (even though I am not, for the avoidance of doubt, a Jew) know the (medical) difference between circumcision and genital mutilation.

In any event I am quite sure this is not the information Echineko seeks.

Irreplaceably cutting off a functional part of the body for no good reason, without consent, leading to permanent handicap is not mutilation? I wonder what is then...

http://www.fathermag.com/health/circ/net-quot/

Actually, I over-generalized. Some Jews don't do it, because they realize they have no right to do that to their child.

If echineko isn't interested, I'm sure she'll let us know herself.

A lot of Australians too.

It's not just a Jewish thing by any means, but it's still a big deal for Jews. I watched a Canadian friend married to an Israeli going through the hell of trying to get her boy circumcised in Japan where it is not common. The job was eventually botched at high cost through a synagogue in Tokyo.

Being Jewish can bring some interesting problems. I used to know a couple of boys in England who went out with Jewish girls - their relationships seemed to be deep and stable. The boys were talking about marriage. Then the girls went off to some Jewish indoctrination camp and afterwards promptly told their boyfriends that their relationship was no more than youthful experimentation, and that they shouldn't expect it to lead anywhere. This came as quite a shock to the boys, and to their friends.

My mummy once told me (that means its likely an old wives tale) that it was started by people who live in the desert where sand gets everywhere and cleanliness was an issue so it made since to get rid of it. That’s why I didn’t need to be rid of mine.

That's exactly what my mummy told me, although my mummy spoke with better spelling than yours. She also said they didn't have fridges so eating pork was unwise.

Although I think as a whole the Australians and Americans were more concerned about other people using their foreskins for masturbating rather than the risk of discomfort from sand. English people stopped giving a toss about that when Victoria died.

I know Grandad got his foreskin taken off when he went to fight in Egypt in WWII.He hated the pommy docter that did it but the said if he still had it, it would have been hell in the desert,As if it wasn`t any way.When I was born he said to mum "Get the boys taken off too"

Bloodly glad mum never listened to him.

I wonder about that...

If you were in an army of people with no foreskins in a desert, how would you know if having a foreskin in the desert was indeed hell?

Also, when going into the desert, wouldn't it also be a good idea to cut your eyelids off too to stop the sand getting in there...?

Just a thought.

This deserves a pole

1) Your cut and will get your children cut

2) Your cut and will not get your children cut

3) Your cut and not going to have children because sex isn't very stimulating without the extra skin

4) You are complete and will get your children cut

5) You are complete and will not get your children cut

6) You are complete and will not have children because sex is so stimulating for you that you want to share it with as many people as you can.

Any more questions to be added?

(5)

Wait, are you going to make a poll or just reply here? Too late now eh?

I figure if my (future) son wants it, he can decide on his own later. But currently my wife is 6 months pregnant with our daughter so no worries now.