Do you have a bestest friend? Like a "one"? I have always had a few or more really good friends, but never really one best friend. Is it a myth? Or do many people have those one best friend. (Not meaning lovers/spouses here by the way)

I have a 'best' friend in England. We had a lot of similar interests, but his only went as far as alcohol whereas mine went considerably further which pained him by the looks. Last time I went back, I met his son for the second time and was quite taken aback (flabbergasted) to hear that he bears my first name as his middle name. I had no idea, although I expect I must have been told at some stage.

I suspect that my 'best friend' in Japan probably considers himself to be somebody else's 'best friend'. I find thinking about this amusing in a slightly embarrassed sort of way.

Yep, had my best friend since grade 6. A lot of really good friends have been added on the way but I know that this mate would be my friend no matter where I was and what my situation was like. Thick and thin. Every time we ring each other the conversation just flows like old times and I can't wait to get back to see him in Australia, especially as he has just got engaged. He was my first and only choice to be my best man at my upcoming wedding this Janurary, and the speech should be highly entertaining and highly embrassing for me, as he knows all me skeltons in the closet eek.gif Feels good to have a friend like that. \:D

Good man Dims.

I have to say that I have never had a best friend*. If I ever thought about it I quickly saw that any candidate was obviously much better mates with other people. I am not really a close type of person and over the years I just forget to contact people and I/they drift away. Actually, I do have a very good mate back in Oz. We have nothing in common except for the fact that we first met back in 1985 and went to school and uni together. Plus we have shared the same opinion that life is too short not to experiment with ones brain via various means. He is actually the only guy I know that will stay out as long as I like to. Last time I was back in Sydney we both celebrated by getting entirely munted on anything that was available and didn’t go home for 2 nights in a row. About 2 years worth of adventure happened in that Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night, Sunday morning period. He is a top mate and a decadent deviant that has no respect for personal health or safety. Stuff it, he can be my best mate whether he reciprocates or not.

Years ago at uni I was good mates with a guy who was my spit roasting buddy. We had some hell adventures. However he decided to become a cop and that ended the friendship.

Other than that, my girlfriend of the day is usually my closest friend, until it goes ugly and they treat me like a piece of shit. I certainly intend on marrying and she will become my best friend.

* I think I did have a best friend once. he asked me to be the best man at his wedding. We used to go fishing togther, and surfing, and munting. Even after he was married we continued to do all these things. All was well until his wife pissed me off and.... man, it got ugly. We dont talk anymore and I doubt we will until he gets a divorce, which will happen.

I tend to have one or two best friends that I do everything with, and sod everyone else. These friends change with the times (school, college, uni, japan).

I'm not one of those people with tons and tons of semi-friends, I cant be assed with it and find it a chore. I know I'm in the minority but thats fine with me! \:D

I remeber a time years back, very smashed as usual, drinking recovery beer at 8am at a seedy bar full of seedy people, all laughing and getting colourful etc. One of the guys casually said to one of the girls something like "blah blah blah, especially given we are best friends, hey Lisa!" \:\)

Lisa, who was the comedown bitch from under Romel's foreskin said "no! I'm Rachael's best friend, not yours!!" and sneered in a way that made the other guy wilt and pretty much stopped the chatter for about 3 minutes. Sunglasses went on and all was silent. It was so mean.

Ooooh.......stick to safe topics on the comedown........safe topics, otherwise someones head will explode.

"Rommel's foreskin", where do you come up with them deebs \:D

Yes I have a bestest friend who I was at school with. We went to different colleges but were still in touch all the time and continued to be best friends. Only see him once a year now but its still very cool whenever we meet up. I put a lot of value on that friendship/.

Yah db. Where do you come up with this stuff?

You didn't seem that witty in person. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Just kidding man ;\)

I've got a best friend back home. Been friends since junior high school. So almost 10 years. Pretty cool guy and we have been through so many things together. More than I will ever get into in this forum. But I can always count on him to understand and actually give a crap about things important to me. Other than skiing that is. That's his 1 problem. He doesn't share my passion for skiing. He doesn't even snowboard eek.gif and anybody can do that.

I am lucky enough to have someone I can call my "best friend" as well. I have been at school with him since I was 12 and live quite close. We have had all sorts of adventures together, including camping & surf trips, snowboarding trips to Japan and within Oz, as well as some fun nights out on the town. We are not yet "ana-kyoudai", however, a new Japanese word I learnt quite recently! Quite a vulgar one at that.

I think having a "best friend" is pretty cool and having recently come back to Sydney for some hols I realise that a "best friend" is someone that even if you have not seen them for a long time it doesnt feel that that is the case. Of course if they get married or anything like that then it will **** with your friendship etc. but luckily nothing as crazy as that has happened as of yet.

Im not one for shallow relationships either. I find some people "know" a lot of people, which is cool and uncool, depending on how you look at it. They "know" these people but really they dont "know" them. I have this best friend, a good female friend I have known since I was 5 (who just happens to be the most attractive girl I have ever met!), and a really good mate from uni. I have a few other decent friends here and there but not that many really. I thought I had cracked the "female best friend" thing recently until I got a bit more serious about the girl in question. Oh well ...

Friends are good! Everyone should have them.

A group of gals back home that are real close, not just one. I'll be having riotous nights out with them soon enough I hope !

Quote:
if they get married or anything like that then it will **** with your friendship
Didn't happen in my case , woywoy. If anything it strengthened our friendship - we just don't see as much of each other as we used to.

I have a best mate that I have known since kindergarten so thats about 25 years!!! sheez seems like ages!!!! anyway we went thru elementary high school and uni together. it wasnt until I came to japan that we didnt meet on a regular basis (once a week at least). we did all sorts of crazy shit together like climbing the outside of a hotel building to steal the flags on the roof etc....wild.

hes married now (I was the best man)but we still keep in touch..

having a best friend is great!

saying that I also have some good friends i have made in Japan and this weekend we plan on doing a huge boys night thing on Saturday. If anyones in the Chiba, Tokyo area and would like to join us gimme a yell!!

I used to have a best friend through school and college. Unfortunately we hardly ever get to meet now and our lives have gone in completely different directions and so its kinda strange when we meet up - still get on really well, but its just not the same. \:\(

I want to be best friends with db....... :p I'm thinking of heading back to Oz in a few months, and I'm going to need a few nights/daze like he just described.......

Until then though, I'll be content with my best friend in Oz, who was my best man, and who is also my partner in a label/music/management business. We go on the road together touring, and do the kinds of thing you can only get away with with a best friend..... \:D