I don't have TV in my room in Tokyo.

So, I was thinking to buy a laptop with TV.

But I didn't need TV for 2years and will not need it. So, I decided to buy a good deal Toshiba dynabook without TV.

If I can watch Satellite TV channels, MTV, movies, I may buy it.

It's not just tv though, is it.

I am not interested in brand-name computers, but I suppose what they are doing is trying to make a "computer" that acts as a tv, dvd/video file player, digital video recorder, music center, game machine, web viewer, digital photo viewer, ... but doesn't look so out of place (ahem) in your living room. I would imagine that the design is going to be really naff, but the functionality sounds great. Lots of those things are better done from a sofa in the living/tv room than at a computer desk.

For geeks, this is nothing new, and you can get fanless mini PC compatibles that plug into your tv and do all of the above. I think you can do quite a lot even with a hacked Xbox.

3 months ago and id have hacked one for you.

you can buy them online from hong kong and so on, search the web. you can even buy the necessary bits for it from yahoo auctions, xbox is so small in japan that the cops havent caught on to it and stopped yahoo auctions from selling that stuff here. you could probably get the full hacked system from there.