i'm interested in the new FLOW team bindings, my 02' salomon bindings are gettting a bit rusty. i want as much ankle support as possible b/c i ride park the most. something like the the TEAM model or the PRO S-FR. anyone like 2 use FLUX bindings?

Got the FL-11's back in 99. They were the cheapest model and I bought them as a test. I used them for 4 seasons ( more than 70 days) and never had a problem.

Now I have the Pro S FS and they are much better than the FL 11's so I am stoked.

After the first day of sussing out the quick way to get in it will take you just seconds.

these are the ones I've got.

(my burton boots fit in perfectly also. You just have to make sure that your boot shape will fit the binding)

flow_fl03psfs112_main

Flows are the only soft boot binding for me. Super fantastic. High marks all around!

What I like best is the quick pop-in and lock...it can be done while already moving, and can be done even faster than some skiers can get their poles sorted and go.

I also like the even distribution of pressure you get from the web strap...not like 2-strap bindings that give a beltlike pressure point that can be painful at times.

Finally, I like stiff bindings and the stiffer model of Flows is great for me.

\:D

thanx 4 the pointers. fattwins, found the post from B4, very helpful.

looks like the advantage of 'slip-in' out wieghs the disadvantage of occasional snow build-up on the highback. i, 4 1, HATE the time it takes to strap in/out with other bindings!!! talk about wasted time. will shop around again 4 the best prices of pro s-fr.

anyone HATE the flow bindings?

I just ditched my Flows for some Drake Matrix.

I used them for about 3 seasons. they work well with certain boots and suck with other boots (the combination sucks not necessarily the products) I recently bought Salomon boots which don't fit well. Sometimes I found the snow packed on the base plate which was p*ssing me off last season. I just wanted more adjustment as well and my Flows were limited.

The newer Flow models are probably better. Dont't hate them just prefer more adjustment. wave.gif

From what I've heard the comments are usually positive. My only gripe with them would be that they're a bit bulkier, the plastics they use look on the cheap side and they cost much higher than your traditional bindings, relatively speaking. I believe FLOW's top of the line bindings for '04~'05 cost around $500. eek.gif BTW, has anyone seen/demo'ed K2's top of the line for this coming season? The set-up is almost like FLOW's except they kept the "strap" design. Oh yeah, they'll cost you a pretty penny too.

About FLUX, I believe it is a respected and reputable brand and in Japan it's got some cult-like following. I rode a pair of FLUX Platinum (lower end model) this past season and I have to say they were more comfortable and supportive than the RIDE LS bindings I use to have. I'm probably gonna go with their Super Titan 2 in Kent Green this season, if I can get my hands on a pair (Matt Hammer Pro Model is too stiff for me and both S.D.R. 2 and SWAT look too tacky for my liking).

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
 Quote:
Originally posted by connackers:
So you don`t subscribe to the whole `but they look like slippers` argument lol.gif ;\)
but slippers are comfy aren't they? ;\)
Sure - I`m just stirring ;\)

Although i`ve heard flows can be a bit of a hassle to get into if you`re not on relatively flat and hard snow and straps really aren`t that much hassle.

Never tried flows so can`t really comment.

Like the look of Tech9 and Burton`s new toe straps though cool.gif