The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOHN TERRY - what a player! Did anyone see the game? Was Ronaldinho`s goal as amazing as it sounds? Was the game a good one to watch? Damn I wish I had sky now! clap.gif \:D clap.gif

Does anyone know if the game will be reshown on BS 5 ?

Yeah I wonder what Ronaldhino was going on about - I reckon the Chelsea ground staff were just trying to get him off the pitch ASAP, and also maybe someone decided to rub it in a bit too. His goal was pretty good but I saw it coming, it wasn't as incredible as people made it out to be. They were lucky to get the penalty too, I thought Collina made a few poor decisions like that.

Classic game though, the best I've seen since Liverpool v Arsenal earlier this season.

No Fergie to stay. He has made some dubious decidions in the last few years, but...

I hear Jose will get fined 5000 pounds as well. I bet he's losing sleep over that. wakaranai.gif

Bunch of thugs is a bit harsh. There are most certainly some thugs that support chelsea but you could say the same about every other team in the country. The threats were obscene anyone who is found guilty should be banned from the club for life and imprisoned.

Jose is pushing his luck a bit, but i get the feeling he`s been told to be delibrately troublesome if only to raise chelsea`s profile and make sure they stay in the news. Wouldn`t say he`s a thug though. A bit out of order definitely but not a thug.

I have to admit I hate that Anders Frisk guy with a passion, but even I felt a pang of compassion when I heard he retired due to death threats. He was a **** though.

What fun football drama is. (Not talking about people getting threatened of course)

---

Arsène Wenger has castigated Chelsea as "naive and arrogant" for meeting Arsenal's Ashley Cole at London's Royal Park Hotel. "I don't know how they thought they could get away with doing it in a hotel in the centre of London," he said. "They might as well have arranged the meeting on a roundabout on the M25. At least then everyone would know exactly what happened."

The attack came on Saturday following the revelation that Anders Frisk, the Swedish referee who was in charge of Chelsea's first-leg match in Barcelona, was retiring early. He cited threats that he and his family had received from Chelsea fans as a major contributor to his decision. The chairman of Uefa's referees committee, Volker Roth, described "people like Mourinho" as "the enemy of football" following the decision.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I was meaning the players as well actually ;\)
Just winding you up
Sorry, getting tetchy, it seems everyone`s trying to have a go at anything chelsea does now. I guess it`s just the price you pay for being the best ;\)