The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

I think Liverpool might snatch this one. You sometimes see teams that have been on such a good run and get two bad results find it difficult to come back and get back on track. I'm hoping you thrash them, then we can catch up in the Premiership. \:D

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah if history means anything, now is the time that chelsea go on a stinker (in the league at least) and make for a cracking end to the season.

cant wait for the big day tommorow! my new car broke down today on the motorway and I had a nightmare getting home from Barnsley, plus a fat bill for the repairs (about £500) so I think lady luck OWES ME!!!

Yes, I'll be "supporting" Liverpool for 1 day tomorrow, very rare. I really hope you beat Chelsea that would be brilliant and make the last part of the season really exciting. \:\) If we win next week, we'll be just 3 points behind Chelses (albeit of course having played 2 more games, but the pressure sure will be on)

Cool! \:\)

But I am gutted.

"Stevie Gerrard's first goal for Chelsea" - you can just see the headlines tomorrow. He didn't look too hot right from the beginning though and in extra time it was if he wasn't there.

Chelsea were not only lucky (er WHO is that ref? wakaranai.gif ), but cheating gits as well. Bunch of moaning divers. Not to say Liverpool were excellent...far far from it. Too many weak links.

In summary.

mad.gif

and I can't be arsed going to bed tonight.

That was grim, it was like watching England play - get the 1-0 and then put everyone behind the ball. On the rare occasion you get the ball back, just punt it back to their centre halves and start again. Chelsea deserved to win, but you cant help but be pissed off with the referee - booking players for nothing and missing the gerrard penalty.

Yeah, I said the same - it was like watching another poor England display.

I wonder what Jose said to Stevie at the end there... "see you for pre-season in July?" perhaps.

Gerrard seemed very subdued all game I thought. Chelsea weren't brilliant, there should have been a penalty. Liverpool should have won. Here ends rach-analysis.

Gerrard started well but I thought he disappeared after about 20 mins. He said that we 'scored too early' which I think shows that liverpools game plan was to get a goal and then put everyone behind the ball - a tactic i hate and which never seems to work anyway unless you score in the last 1/4 of the game.

I thought Chelsea wanted it more, they were doing much more running and hussling. Granted Liverpool had a few chances to win the game, and a penalty that never was, but overall Chelsea wanted and deserved it more.

We need to get rid of a load of players - the only ones in the team that look the part right now are Riise, Gerrard, Hamman, Carragher, Hyppia, the new spaniards, and maybe Baros. The likes of Biscan have got to go. We should have kept hold of Murphy and Henchoz.

You're right there Nunez is hopeless. I have some scouse friends who are Liverpool hardcore and they hate the guy get really frustrated with the manager for putting him on.

i thought nunez did ok yesterday. you have to give people a chance, not everyone can settle in straight away. its the same with souness up at newcastle, they all want him sacked and he's only been there 5 mins - especially with a manager you need to give them a few seasons to build the team.

looking forward to the newcastle game now on saturday. i wanted to go and see it but you can only buy tickets from the ground and i couldn't be assed going all that way just to get tix. hopefully it'll be on sky.

Close game last night that Arsenal one. How embarrassing. Anyone looking? shifty.gif

I'll tell you what, that Sheffield keeper is good. I've noticed him a few times before, he has always impressed me. Is he always that good?

Yep looks like United have blown their chance and it's pretty much tied up now. Shame about that.

Looking forward to the Champions League games now, that should hopefully be fun.

clap.gif