The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that, good result there Newcastle!

It will be interesting to see if their campaigns now quickly collapse just like Arsenals triple bid did last season. Can only hope \:\)

Easy now! Wednesday against Barcelona could be crucial. If that goes wrong then we may do an Arsenal, especially with Robben out and our strikers not quite getting it together. But well done to Newcastle, sounds like they played a good game.

You got your eye on the Carling Cup scouser? ;\)

Chelsea will give 100% in the champions league and that can only be good for liverpool at the weekend. I think liverpool need this cup more too as we clearly have no chance of winning anything else.

I dont think the league counts, and even gerrard has said we aren't gonna win the champions league.

come on the reds tonight. its just painful with gerrard out and all the strikers bar Baros out. Bring back Ian Rush, says I.

I sometimes wonder whether I live on the same planet as other people.

What does 'You'll be counting up soon, mate. From 1. To 3.' mean? It probably makes sense to most people but I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about.

I was in tune. You're wrong though, pints!

Good result this morning it seems clap.gif I wish I could have seen that. \:D Interesting result for Arsenal as well hey, bit of a mountain to climb in the 2nd leg.

lovely little result there, i think we should be able to avoid 2-0 and go through to the last 8 - nice one lads! worrying about dudek though, that was a shocker at the end there.

Those guys at the Guardian are a funny bunch aren't they....

lol.gif

------------------

Preamble

It's the clash we've all been waiting for since ... ooh, yesterday at about 9:35pm. Unless you've been waiting for the Manchester United v AC Milan clash, which can be found over here. Chelsea, plunged - yes plunged - into a crisis that has seen them lose a whopping one match in their last 16 outings (or their last one outing, if you're a glass-is-half-empty merchant), arrive at the Nou Camp without Wayne Bridge and Arjen Robben.

However, the big - nay sensational - news is that Damien Duff has made a miraculous recovery from the knee-injury he suffered against Newcastle last Sunday and will take his place in Chelsea's starting line-up at the expense of Eidur Gudjohnsen. Who on earth could have foreseen that development when Jose Mourinho named his starting XI - minus Duff - yesterday? Anyone with half a brain, eh? Oh.

Another one:

6 mins: Jose Mourinho is looking very agitated on the bench and is scribbling away in his little blue notebook. Perhaps he's writing a song, or has just thought of another superlative with which to describe himself in his post-match press conference.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

I like it

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/matchreport/0,9752,1423624,00.html

15 mins: ......It's worth bearing in mind that perma-tanned bottle-blond Anders Frisk is reffing, so he likes to flash the cards around in order to get himself on the television.

OK I'll stop now. Check the link for more laughs!

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
A great site indeed.

Did you watch the 2ND DEFEAT IN A ROW, connackers?
;\)
Didn`t get to watch them unfortunately, an historic occasion, not often you get to see chelsea manage back to back losses ;\) This sudden chirpiness from liverpool supporters bodes well if your season so far is anything to go by... should be a quality game either way, looking forward to it clap.gif

yeah it should be great, although to be fair i think chelsea are gonna be really fired up and it will be very hard for us. Hopefully that mutha****a Joe Cole won't start.

And whenever Gerrard plays chelsea his eyes seem to go all gooey, I remember seeing him in the tunnel before the last game staring back down the line at the chelsea players and he seemed to be lost in a daydream fantasy.