The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was totally uninterested in this. Who were they playing, the second team of a small city in Peru or something?

I like your picture scouser. I often find that scousers are good at laughing at themselves. It's a good quality.

Makes Figo's £34m transfer from Barcelona in 2000 seem like a waste of money. Is it really worth paying £34m for 4 or 5 years or service? I think Barcelona took Real to the cleaners on that one, even if it was a bit of a slap in the face at the time.

Real are difficult to understand. On the one hand you have this Figo story, then you get the smart 10mill (?) for Owen. (Then they don't play him.)

I'm not too well up on overseas leagues though. Why should you be when we have the best in the world (he says with possibly a bit of sacrasm).

Yes, I would like the honour of starting the 05/06 thread. When I wonder....

Great rumour from The Sun today

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was not interested in signing Ashley Cole from Arsenal because he is too short.

I think the following comments fit for this thread.

I spent last night watching the game between Greece and Turkey for the WC2006 in a sports café in Roppongi. There were something like 50-60 Turks watching the game and cheering and I was only with one more Greek friend…..

I felt like I was in a pub in Liverpool, naked with a Manchester United scarf wrapped around my neck! shifty.gif

Finally the game ended in a tie 0-0 and we even had some biers with some of the T. guys.

At last some quite good Utd news - van der Saar has signed. clap.gif I like that news. He's a good keeper, got tons of experience, much better than Carroll and should be good for Howard as well.

"Well past his best" is a bit harsh I think. He's always struck me as being a really good keeper. How old is he, 34. Not over the hill for keepers, I think long term Fergie things Howard is the man. 2 years with VDS and his experience etc, might end up being a really good deal.

Van daer sar is still a good keeper in my book. Pulled off some great saves in his time and in the past was pretty reliable (haven't seen him in action for a while though!)