The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

May I also offer my congratulations.

Not keen on a bunch of scousers winning it, but I suppose the consolation is there aren't many scousers in the Liverpool team.

;\)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha. As you well know, it's the team. You can hardly talk - Arsenal are hardly full of England players ;\)

That was a good night. Still feeling more than a little groggy.

1 million people!!! Wow. I bet that was something!

Quote:
Liverpool's triumphant players have paraded the Champions League trophy to more than a million people.

Fresh from a penalties win over AC Milan, the team arrived at John Lennon Airport and boarded an open-top bus.

They were welcomed by 750,000 cheering fans, who created a sea of bright red along the streets of Liverpool.

And by the time the bus finally arrived at its destination in the city centre, there were an estimated 300,000 gathered around St George's Hall.

But it is fair point about tv saturation. I thought it was bad before i left for japan and has only got worse... two, max three live games a weekend is ample. else we will all get bored....

Nice to see they might let liverpool in to defend their trophy, and no qualifying round!!! Enjoy that one, man u and everton!

Also nike might pull out of their sponspership deal with man u, wise considering vast majority of fans started being fans when they won everything.... so couple that with millions pounds of debt Glazer has given to them, might be a tough few years ahead for man u in the profit stakes.

The Super Sun has Van Nistelrooy telling Fergie he wants out this morning. Ruud going? A year ago I would have thought it mad, but I'm in 2 minds about it now.

The only good news coming out of United recently is Carroll being shown the door. Bye. wave.gif

I can see RVN going, he's not looked happy at all recently. Hardly surprising given his performances. Though they won't have helped a sale anyway will they I suppose.

4 points for an away win? Can't see that happening either.

Mr Beckham has come out and make us United fans feel much better about it all.

Quote:
I think he has put a lot of money into Manchester United and has got a lot of shares.
No kidding.

Quote:
“They have a great manager and they have someone now with the amount of money and shares that he has got taking over the club.”
No kidding.