The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting result, should set up a great 2nd leg.

A great quote reported in the Guardian`s internet coverage:

" As Steven Gerrard gives the ball away for the Nth time, the Sky commentator observes that "if you cut Jamie Carragher open he'll bleed red." A fascinating insight. "

I've been reading this for a while, great to see a footie mad thread. Just want to say stuff your jealousy all you anti-Chelsea-ists. I've been a fan since I was a kid, grew up in the area... and I'm well chuffed about us being so good now.

:p

Mr Wiggles might be able to help with this one. I saw this TV program one night ages ago, and I swear to this day I still dont know if it was a documentary or a comedy drama!

It was about David Ginola running this kind of hippy commune, rehabilitating b-list celebs and generally talking BS. There were loads of people there, and they all loved and revered David Ginola as if he was a god. He was walking around in weird clothes like the Indian ashram gurus wear. I remember some failed/discraced actors were there including that one who had her wedding sponsored by a chocolate bar and never worked again.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Was it a joke or was it real? It was on at about 3am so maybe it was just some vivid dream, but it feels so real...

Sounds like you were taking some interesting drugs there bobby... I'd be interested to see it if it were true.

connackers and other chelsea peeps - you reckon you're gonna swoop for Rio and get him??

Congratulations to Chelsea. They've done well.

(I'll leave out the "and so they bloody well shout, blah blah bit ;\) )

Not it's up to us to deflate them.

Yes must say congrats.

Lets hope the fight for second is a bit tighter. (And we get it)

If Chelsea win I will still be rooting for them in the final, they are a great side and they play fair. With the exception of Gudjonsen, the diving MF! I dont like that guy, after they won the premiership yesterday he was interviewed and he was saying stuff like 'me and john terry and lampard have been here a while, and we have become the leaders here... blah blah blah' as if to associate himself with terry/lampards achievements. forget it gudjonsen you slag!

It wasn't such a great spectacle for neutrals I thought, but that's the way these days when there's a lot at stake. Teams play not to lose, rather than all out to win.

I don't know if the ball crossed the line, but it was ample reward for Garcia for not stopping on the penalty appeal. It was a definite pen and sending off otherwise. Cech's been great this season, so it was nice to see him stay on the pitch.

Liverpool defended really well, but Chelsea helped them by having no width. I really wasn't impressed with Mourinho. He should have brought Robben on a lot earlier and God knows why he put Huth up front instead of Forsell. Even Terry up front would have been better than Huth.

Liverpool in the CL final. I cannot believe it! But fair game, you go there.

Another thing that can be said about Anfield - really excellent atmosphere on big events.

Happy for you scouse.... \:\)

Seems that spot for next year is going to be mighty difficult to get though.

Congrats scouser and all the other Liverpool supporters. Am gutted but we didn`t score over 180min so can hardly say we were hard done by. Unfortunately didn`t get to see the game. Good luck against AC Milan, sounds like they`re making excuses already! Though a bit shocking that you could win the thing and then not qualify next year - what`s that about? Surely a Liverpool/Everton play-off would be far more entertaining?

That would really hurt if we won and couldn't play in the CL next year.

But then again, we've had chances to catch up and just not taken them, too many crappy games I'm afraid.

The game on Sunday is going to be a big one. We can only keep those fingers crossed we play well and Everton have a bad game as well.