The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he is, but it will take a lot.

I say sack the following instead:

Djemba*2 (oh he's gone already? good);

Kleberson;

Bellion.

Useless, the lot of them. (And I suppose it was Fergie who signed them...)

The notion that Mourinho and his staff delibrately conspired to undermine the match officials in order to give them an advantage and then carried it out sounds completely exagerated. He made some hot headed comments that seem to be pretty typical of every manager after a game with controversial decisions. This was stirred up a bit but looks pretty pathetic compared to the hyping that was happening before the Arsenal Man U games this season.

The way UEFA are talking it sounds like they`re getting in on the stirring game.

If referees are going to be swayed by some trash talking there is a lot more that needs to be looked at than just the managers influence over the game.

I'm becoming less and less interested in England games by the day. It is just not very interesting.

Interesting you don't resent your players having to camp off with England there connakers.

Whats happened to Campbell, he seems to have been out of action for ages.

Heard the latest moan from Beckham?

Serves him right for being such a tart.

>

Beckham explained this week that the media attention to which he is subjected in Spain has become a serious problem for him and his family, especially in light of recent episodes in which his sons Romeo and Brooklyn were followed by camera crews and photographers.

"It has reached the point where I don't know what to do," Beckham said. Spain's press, granted almost complete legal freedom, has proven far harder to contain and tolerate than the press in England, although Beckham lost his temper yesterday when, shopping at a store in Manchester, people began taking pictures of him through the window.

Terry is a better player than Campbell but I think Campbell will be first choice until after the World Cup then he will retire early to make way for the young guy ala Scholes and Shearer. Terry is a skipper and Ferdinand is also a potential skipper so those two need to be in there playing together every England game for the benefit of the England team over the next 8 years.

It'll be interesting to see whether Terry, Ferdinand or Gerrard gets the skippers armband when Beckham kicks the bucket. It wont go to Owen surely, although they gave it to that idiot Beckham so who knows?

I love watching England, every game is like the FA Cup final for me, cos its rare that you get to see them. I must be a closet nationalist or something cos I get well fired up watching the games. Its also good to see so many top class players on the same team - England have a stunning squad right now.

Glad for you bobby, I'm going the opposite way. I wish I could get more excited about it.... just can't seem to. Especially when they play like bollocks.

I'm sure by the time the World Cup comes round I'll be on for it. And I'm sure I'll watch tomorrows game as well. \:\)

Well that was a little one-sided wasn't it? (England game). There were some real positives there though - J Cole was looking like he wants an automatic start, Rooney was good. Some decent passing generally, which was refreshing - I found myself really getting into it.

I just wonder how rubbish Ireland were, just a bit or a lot? \:\)

Some good Beckham bashing here:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1446234,00.html

(PS Stay away from Anfield please)

That starting 11 is perfect - we will win the world cup with it if erikkson can get his head out of his diamond formation ass. I hope becks gets injured so theres an excuse for him not to be there, and also for us to get a better skipper (John Terry) in.

Yes they seem to be much better than they have been, good team. It's really sad when there seems to be an excuse not to use Beckham. How come the man is so untouchable, not sure I get that??

This Japan game is just so tedious. Japan are pretty useless on the whole but who are these other sad-looking dudes in red? wakaranai.gif

Bored bored bored.......

England are back to being 8hrs ahead so kick off is a little before 4am. May be worth it but I doubt it`ll be a cricket score like many people are expecting it to be. Another 4-0 would be a fantastic result, especially if Cole doesn`t let all the sudden praise go to his head.