Putting on the kg over summer > back to the running

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many grass fields, but lots of hilly golf courses. I have to climb over a fence to exit the course I run on, and dodging the sprinklers in the summer makes the run more interesting - especially when you're going uphill.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools:
I usually clock in about 50km a week, about 15km a go. Happy with my Asics.

Do you have many grass fields over there that you can jog on?
Depends where you live Jools. You can find some nice running spots but I dont think they would be as nice nor as frequent as someplace out in the countryside of Japan or even a different country for that matter. I ran along a riverbank yesterday and its quite nice. Soft dirt which is so much nicer than cement on my worn-down knees. Wish there were some real running trails close by...

Davo lives in a nice area where there are beautiful mountain trails that are easily runable. I did some hills on Mt. Rokko but its just way to freekin steep and technical so its not that fun. Im sure most people are here are forced to run on pavement... \:\(
 Quote:
a nice area where there are beautiful mountain trails that are easily runable
If I lived near a place like that, even I would be running often. Beats a gym anytime.

But I have to keep looking fit, like my avatar

<<<<<<<<

GG, theres nothing worse than running in a gym. One of the huge reasons why I would never live in Tokyo or Osaka for that matter. Go for a run and breathe carbon monoxide, yeah!! :rolleyes:

On the same note I hate running indoors. Why should you run on a treadmill and pay for it when there is a free road, path, trail, right outside your door? No way.

Have Ashiya hama just a kilometer or two away from my place and everytime I run past I always wanna go for a swim there. Lot of blokes wakeboarding there but I fear Id end up like all the fish I see...belly up eek.gif

Nope, Ill live in a quaint area and avoid paying for a membership as I can run for free \:D

This bloke is a bit of a dickhead really, but his books have some good suggestions for serious exercises you can do anywhere without having to pay for a gym. I think gyms and most equipment are pretty bad for you, and it's a disincentive to exercise if you have to go somewhere special for it, pay money, or have some special equipment.

This bloke really doesn't like the dickhead above, and has some other, rather similar suggestions for exercise.