november cell phones & driving

Davo, I thought that indicators were options on new cars these days as it seems that no one uses them!

Toque, If that was my wife ( been married 5 years) then i would be in jail! damn she's hot though lol.gif

When I learned to drive, the Highway Code still had little drawings of what to do if for any reason your indicators didn't work. You had to extend your right arm out of the driver's side window for turning right, or wave your left arm around inside the car for turning left. People driving behind you were supposed to pay careful attention to what you were doing inside your car.

You can usually tell by the suddenly erratic behaviour of drivers in front of you that they have just received a call and have started to answer the question "ima nani shiteru no?" My special hatred is reserved for those faqkers who drive the big Highway Star sort of family van and weave over the centreline towards you as they grin obliviously and jabber into their mobile phone.

When I first heard that there would be fines I was planning to stop answering the phone when driving - then I seen how insignificant the fines were. I probibly wont get caught and if I do it's no big deal.

If the fine was 50,000 yen however, I might have reason to perform a Japanese parking manover before talking. i.e just stop where I am with the 4 way flashers on.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
When I learned to drive, the Highway Code still had little drawings of what to do if for any reason your indicators didn't work. You had to extend your right arm out of the driver's side window for turning right, or wave your left arm around inside the car for turning left. People driving behind you were supposed to pay careful attention to what you were doing inside your car.
its still like that in canada. the drivers handbooks have the hand actions. except they drive on the other side of the road so its straight out for left and bent at the elbow for right - no waving about in the car unfortunately. except when they are reaching for their cell phone mad.gif

But are they going to enforce this like they have drink driving? Hey they will no doubt have the lights on giving most a warning so you will have plenty of time to drop your phone. ( then erase your received or outgoing calls!)

let us enjoy talking by november!

Did I write this before or just thought I did??? ( Must be the 2nd glass of wine gulped before the evening classes )

A friends wife (also my friend) was waliking merrily along the footpath the other month, only to be swerved into by the young guy riding his bike while texting and listening to headphones.

Damage? Broken arm and sundry abrasions.

Resultant action. She, being a polite Japanese woman, said I'm OK (NOT) and he, relieved went hurriedly off.

She limped home in great pain etc, etc.....

Moral - phuk 'em good before they phuk you. ;\)