havent been here in a while bc i moved back to the us and the dial-up connection at my parents house where i'm staying sucks. so sorry if this has already been posted...

anyways, with the election coming up, i am feeling very political at the moment. want to make sure all you americans still in japan are registered to vote by absentee ballot. check out these voting help sites-

Federal Voting Assistance Program

http://www.fvap.gov/index.html

To obtain a Federal Post Card Application go to:

http://www.fvap.gov/pubs/onlinefpca.html

To get help filling out the FPCA please go here:

http://www.fvap.gov/pubs/vag/vagchapter3.html

no matter what your political views are, please please please vote!!!!!! i dont want to start some heated debate or anything. i just want to make sure as many people as possible voice their opinion when it really counts in november.

thanks!

Let's try not to let a moral degenerate steal the presidency this time eh?

Here's a tough new question for the electorate:

Which side of the Cambodian border is the Swift boat on?

------------------------ < Cambodian border

= = ==XXX>

(Careful now, it's important...)

Thanks Nekobi. \:\) Anyone who hasn't registered, please do so! I will be voting in November. Although most of us realize you've made an appeal to Americans to get out and vote, it's a pitty our self proclaimed youngster "Ocean 11" cant' keep out of it, even though he has absolutely no say in the results.. His opinions are unwanted and fruitless...his cheese has seemed to have fallen off his cracker, again!

uh, no, gomasuri-kun. try develop a brain. It might be ticklish at first but perhaps rather enlightening in the long run.

Are you voting in the US election?

"-kun" how tired and droll. ho-hum.

I support America getting it right and living up to the standard the world requires of it. Time for the world leader (America) to put the best foot forward because to be frank we are all depending on it.

I have a bad feeling about this election.

Those old enough to remember Reagan's morally degenerate years may recall the mood around the election after his first 4 years. A large number of people, Americans and the rest of us non-voters, were quite appalled by 'Morning in America' and found it very sinister indeed (in spite of the recent myth-making when the old bastard croaked). Rather than uplift all round, there were the same retrogressive attacks on the weak and on the environment, growing poverty, and a vicious, cynical and dangerous foreign policy that we are seeing again now. Many people simply couldn't believe that Americans would countenance another 4 years of it. Well, they did. And many of the problems that America is failing to deal with now resulted directly from those years.

So how much room is there for hope? Very little I think. The last election was stolen, and Americans were too stupid and blind to do anything about it (revolutionary heritage notwithstanding...). This time there are some interesting new factors like Michael Moore and the lost war in Iraq, but I fear these might actually be canceled out by the Swift boat factor and other lunacy.

(This is in addition to the fact that a huge part of the electorate is made up of people who react exactly like Kintaro...)

If you are a voter and share my doubts about this election for even one second, there's always Ralph Nader . There's all sorts of stupid reasons put forward for not voting for him, but the line about "He'll never win anyway" is of course a self-fulfilling prophecy of the crassest kind. If more people voted for him, he might actually win, and if more people vote for him, his positions will gain credit so his voters win. It's that simple. And there's also this viewpoint too;

"I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want, and get it".

If you can vote, don't ever be upset that you didn't get what you want, if you didn't vote for what you wanted. Take responsibility when you can...