I need some help figuring out what to do...

Option 1: Join UW Husky Ski School...

Pros:

I get a free season pass for a resort near seattle

I get free access to the Husky lodge at the resort

Cons:

Work 2hrs Sat. afternoon, 2 hrs sun. during lunch on weekends for 6 weekends

Snoqualmie (I think that is how you spell it) is near seattle, wet snow, low elevation, and not the greatest compared to what else is out there...

Option 2:

Pros:

$270 season pass for Steven's Pass and Schwitzer Mtn...pass good ALL season (no blackout dates)

Enderzero gives high marks to this mtn...

Better terrain and snow than option 1

Cons:

$270 v. FREE

2hr drive that I have heard is a nightmare...

Option 3:

Pros:

Whistler/Blackcomb College pass ~$250US

Its Whistler Blackomb!

Cons:

4-5hr drive

other costs incurred (hotels,gas,etc...)

what say you fellow SJers?!?

danz

its

Stevens pass mate.

Why go to a shhhittyy little hill when you can get the goods at stevens. get good tires and dont worry if you drive 5 miles slower than the others.

Whistler dude even if you go 5 times to whistler then buy that pass it is huge savings.

But stevens is where I would call home and the car my new hotel..

PS get geared up ill send you a link to some super cheap avie packages. that way you can score the stevens riches.

I'd go Snoqualmie. It's not huge but there are 4 areas to it (Alpental, Central, West and Hyak). Alpy was my favorite for years. The lower/upper international runs are better than most anything I've seen on Kanto. The best part was that you could watch the weather and just drive up the same day (40 mins) and get an incredible day/evening.

And if you're a boarder, you're going to want to go to Mt. Baker for your full days anyway. Stevens gets too crowded and can be lousy when the roads get overcrowded (they used to turn people back...which really can ruin your day).

For more opinions, check out snowboardseattle.com

Why does he have to be a border to go to Baker???

There are kickass skiers there who rip it just as hard if not harder than the snowborders.

Not sure about the local mountains but some of them have to be good. Get a pass there and then get the Whistler pass. Even if you don't go in the winter you can use it in the spring and ski into June.