So recently I feel I've been standing still so to speak. A bit worried that I should really be moving forward and doing more to advance myself, adding a year here just coz it was the easy option.

where abouts you?

(Not sure how the poll came out, I know what I wanted to say. Not really about how happy you are with where you are, more about the reality of where you are.)

All of my life I have seen where I am at any point in time to be nothing more than an intermediate stepping stone to the next level. As soon as you reach that next level it becomes nothing more than a stepping stone, just like the last level. There is no time for self congratulatory indulgence of satisfaction. The moment you feel content with your progress/success, you stop moving forward. The first thing you should feel every morning when you wake up is anger at how little you earn relative to what you could earn. Wake every day with that palpable hunger for "more" and you will move along nicely. That is how I used to think but these days I couldn't give a **** and feel sick at how I have wasted so many years of my life. I really no longer care for the fight anymore*. Well I do care a little, but only enough to gather in the near term that which I need to live a real life in the long term. My definition of a 'real life' is likely far different to what you expect.

The way of the Visor.

* ergo, I lose because I gave up and someone stronger wins in the game.

Is this one of those 'self-improvement' kinda books, Ocean? :p

But self-assessment from time to time is a good thing. And don't be too harsh on yourself. In life you don't have control over many things.

I am gliding.... \:D

Got a beautiful loving wife and a gorgeous little boy. I am lucky.

Success richness and progress come in many forms, not just careers and $$$. Its very easy to lose sight of this at times.

My wise Grandmother told me many a time "shrouds dont have pockets", money never ruled her and she has lived a very full, admirable and happy life.

I could learn a lot from her.

I'm in a really good place in my life right now. As Mr Britain pointed out, each phase of life is a stepping stone to the next level, though I tend to believe that sometimes the journey is more important than the destination. Of course it depends on what the goal is. If it's creative fulfilment, that's a goal I want in my daily life as well as longterm career goals. If it's an amount of money or income, that's a goal where the destination can be more important than the journey and yes, the drive to get there is what gets you there (for any goal).

There are definitely areas in my life that I want to improve on and go further, but there's also many good things happening, so I'm cool with the pace at the moment.

Definately going through a bit of a transitional phase...which has left me dithering a bit.

I read po's book...and that has certainly raised many a ?

I tend to dither and then suddenly decide on something and make a change like an eclipse.

Guess i am waiting for that flash of clairity to strike....

Po's book was a bit of a ball-breaker, truth be told, and I felt like I needed one of those crises that the folks in his book went through. Now I've found one, and the next step is rearranging pretty much everything to shape a response.

montoya, I'm curious to know how you've slipped out of the rat-race.