I have just had my first real encountert with the infamous Japanese Yakuza.

About 3 months ago I rented some video`s (3) from a local small rental shop. At the saem time I also moved appartments and unfortunately put said videos in a box to be moved. 3 months later I have a "debt collection" agaency ringing up not only me but also the school I work in. They are asking for 10man yen in late fees. I called them up refusing to pay more than 3man, and after much arguments on the phone they settled on 6man???? Does this mean they haven`t got a leg to stand on legal in demanding the money??

Today I havve to go into the video shop to pay this money (again a bit strange as if its a debt collection place surely they will have an account I should pay into?) If it was down to me I would ignore it and say I have left the country but as they have got my school involved I have a lot of pressure on me from my employers (who have been very good) to oay the money.

So today I will go to the shop and pay 3man, and see what they say, the videos I reckon are worth about 1man max and 2 man Gommenasaai money I think is more than appropriate for a genuine mistake.

My school tells me that the men are definately Yaks and I HAVE to pay, so I will see what happens today.

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! If there are no further postings then you know the Yakuza didn`t settle for my 3man!!!!!

Anyone else had similar experiances??

Don't dick about. Phone your local govt. office and ask to speak to their loan shark consultant. They should be able to tell you the maximum you might have to pay. Failing that, go to your local police box and ask them. Your school is f-ing stupid for not suggesting that course of action.

**** the Yakuza. They are Japanese. What could they do. Make you do tea ceremony for 6 hours. That would be a torture way worse than death.

But 10 mon. That's just stupid. For a few videos. Most places in other countries just charge you the cost of the movie.

Why didn't they get a hold of you before letting it get so expensive. The obviously had your schools number.

About this time last year I had a run in with the local Yakuza who have an office near my house. I live near the beach so everyday i would go for a run, one day this young guy starts talking to me. Quite friendly, nothing strange. So as time passes we start talking more frequently, he had no job & would just jetski all day,(that is strange but he seemed harmless). Anyway he keeps inviting me to ride their jetski or have a beer, so as you do....!

Then finally I got the priviledge of meeting his boss. Small guy, tattooed eyebrows, looked like he had been scalped at lest once. He starts chatting to me 'on the side'. Asking if I like drugs, do you want a job! All those role plays in English class came in handy- my best acting yet. I say I don't like needles & I don't understand what you are trying to say! Being polite of course! He tries to explain but gives up after a few more- wakarimasen! Gomenasai!

He actually said sorry & shook my hand!

At this stage I got my arse home asap & laid low for a week or so!!! After all they were quite polite, a little scary- maybe they saw me as a way to tap into a new market. Thanks but no thanks.

Anyway- don't pay, take the other guys advice, get some help!

DrMabuse,

Quote:
Are there girly yakuza? (And do they have perms as well?) Or are they just "the girls of the yakuza dudes"?
YES, there are girls in the Yakuza, however, they are fvckin' expensive (and not so good either, I'm told..... shifty.gif )

farquah, listen to Ocean, go to the koban near the video shop

I have a daily brush with yakuza, there is a elderly gent in my Apt blg with a cute shizu dog that he takes for walk, apparently he is ex Yakuza.

You wouldnt know it because he so kind and friendly and old! pleasant old chap.

Unrelated story - My old roomie a while back spoke Korean and she had a Korean friend, who turned out to be the beautiful wife a Yakuza boss. I came home one day when the woman was hanging out with my roomie in my apartment, her bodyguard was sitting outside in the car waiting and looking mean. Kind of freaky.