When I buy things from amazon.com in the US, even though I always use the standard postage option the times it takes to arrives really does vary.

Sometimes its as little as 5 days, and sometimes 2 weeks or so.

Other peoples experiences? (Oh yes, and .co.uk as well - thats usually 7 days)

Try amazon Japan, they have alot of foreign books, DVDs available and some are wellpriced and they are fast - Sagawa kyubin.

I ordered a book on last Sunday night it was here Monday afternoon! thats unbeatable! and the price incl postage was the same as the bookstore price

stay away from the second-hand section at .com. I've bought stuff there that didn't even turn up.....amazon gave me back my money, but after waiting for the goods for nearly 3 mths. I contacted them, but because the seller said the goods would arrive within 3 mths or so, I had to wait the whole time....that sucked mad.gif

from .com, i9 usually have to wait for at least 2 weeks (but usually more.........). never tried .co.jp.....

a few years ago i got US amazon in 4-5 days. Recent orders post 9/11 have taken 2 weeks or more.

.jp is the fastest and the cheapest because of the shipping.. BUT you have to make sure that its in stock otherwise it takes along time.

Check the prices on them all - I find that many of the dvds I want are either not on amazon.co.jp (or at least not the import version anyway) or more expensive than buying from the us and paying for the postage. I just always do a check on all 3 to see which is the best deal.

For books, in general I've been finding that amazon japan is nearly always cheaper - when you buy from amazon US you also have to pay a handling per order, plus another handling charge per item as well as OS shipping, whereas Amazon jp doesn't charge these extra fees, plus shipping is free if the order is over ¥1500.

Well, I got a package from amazon containing my beloved devotional and a few other dvds last night.

I ordered it a while ago, but the dvd was only released on Tuesday of last week in the US. I got the "it's shipped" mail midday on Wednesday of last week, and the package was delivered to my home around the same time yesterday.

So, it took exactly 8 days from shipping to my door.

• 2 months later...

I ordered something worth $300 from amazon.com on Dec 27th.

They shipped it on Dec 28th, and upgraded the shipping to DHL Express (no cost to me).

I just tracked it and it has already landed in Tokyo, today, 29th. clap.gif

So I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Now that is QUICK!!!

That sounds like good service. I often find it varies. I just ordered something from amazon.co.jp yesterday at 3pm. I got the confirmation "sent" mail before 5pm last night eek.gif and it was with me at 10am this morning.