I went a few seasons back. It is a small place, yeah, up in the mountains behind Koide town on the border with Fukushima. There's a big dam up there.

Nothing special but not bad for late spring skiing though.

It's a pretty crappy place really, but decent end of the season run after GW if you're up there. I know someone at the uni near there, so I'll be taking the trip

Koide is about 40 minutes to the north of Yuzawa on Route 17 (probs half that by expressway). Then there's the ride up the Silver Line to Okutadami which probably takes about the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Went there with some friends then. A small place as people said, they reckon they have over 2 meters still left, didn't look like that in places but still a fair bit. It was about +8 degrees up there, not too busy. Interesting ride up to the resort from Koide town, it took a bit longer than I thought once we'd gotten to Yuzawa.

That was annoying wasn't it Sanjo. It was sunny all the way up to Saturday but come Sunday the weather moved in. Rained really hard down low and snowed pretty good up high. Now it's crystal clear again.

I hate putting plans into 1 day like that.