I tired these ones last season in Australia:

http://k2snowboards.com/bindings/binding.asp?ProductID=46

It was more that I wanted to ride my friends K2 Union board they were attached to. But in any case, these were pretty new and I think K2 still make them. Overall I didn't like them much, but I think that was because the boots were a little too small since they weren't mine... I still prefer the strap.

I think F2 (German company) are also into step-ins - though they adopt the 'Intec' model I think.

Burton decided to pull out - they could not get PSI to work. Shimano (also sold under K2) is still alive and kicking. Their rapid fire works well on clean surface, but takes a lot of getting used to in BC.

yeah, a bit of research showed me that a few companies have pulled out of the SI market. Sad really because the strap binding works well enough but is primitive, like a pig intestine condom. \:D

Shimano are reputedly mulling over setting up a testing center at Happo. They mightn't be such a big name for snowboards, but their engineering standards are going to be far higher than Burton's.

Snurfer,

There are some items remain on shelf this season, but most likely they will be gone next season. So if you are thinking about converting over, don't. I am getting a set of SI boots so that I have something to fall back on the following season (when my current boots break, that is).

Have some engineer friends at Shimano, they would "kaizen" till you die, thus the reputation of winning Le Tour 6 times with Lance.

But seriousely, they really really like their sports, which is a good thing.