Yes alot of ladies have their bellies pierced.

they just hide it more than the westerners, when half the time the it should be the other way around because i have seen some shocking jelly bellies that should be well hidden away!

In school we used to giggle when, on looking at old semi-nude paintings, the art teacher explained that "generous" figures were considered beautiful in olden days...and the social studies teacher would confirm this by mentioning societies where fat was sexy.

My conclusion on spending a year or two in Michigan is that these days have come back for many US communities.

A short trip to any mall turns up scores of high school age girls with bare midriffs, but jellylike flab hanging over the belt. Even the relatively less jellied ones have the soft lobes puffing over the jeans. It occurred to me that these are the ones whose hogsbelly acquaintances probably secretly despise them because they are so "thin"...

Yes, a revolution in standards. I can't tell you how nice it was to arrive back at Narita and see all the unfat people.

Very nice.

\:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Yes alot of ladies have their bellies pierced.
they just hide it more than the westerners, when half the time the it should be the other way around because i have seen some shocking jelly bellies that should be well hidden away!
I know many people here (japanese) who have em pierced too. I love it but only because my friends have the bodies for it too ;\) - think it is soooo sexy clap.gif \:D

I wouldn't worry to much, I have had both my ears pierced and still do. I never take them out (I forget they are there most of the time)

I used to have my nose pierced before it became "popular". Soon took it out though!

Muffin tops Ha haven't heard that term for a while! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Kind of tangential to this thread, but what about those people who appear in photos from bars or dance clubs, mouths wide open to show their tongue piercing? How idiotic. "LOOK AT ME--I GOT TONGUE PIERCING!"

A corollary is the set that wears tank-tops even in cold weather, just to show they got a bicep tatoo. "LOOK AT ME--I GOT INK DONE!"

Great. How extremely bold and daring to be different!!

It makes me cringe to try to imagine all the things these people are anxiously hoping we'll imagine about what kind of people they are because they did something really amazing by getting a tongue pierced or a tribal tat on their arm.

I'm tempted to wear a tank top in November and stick out my tongue in every photo, without a piercing or tank top. Now THAT would be different.

\:D

Got a mate in NZ who got a Prince Albert piercing, Why? its beyond me. I could never have that amount of pain inflicted on me nob. Although in talking about pain, my wife got her nose pierced last year and bullied me into getting a nipple piercing, I must say, its not really my deal but after the pain wore off it was kind of interesting. You have to do something out of caracter once in your life.

On of the new crazes back home is for preganat young girls to have their belly button pierced and wear hipster jeans and short tops, now thats gross.

Had an ear piercing and a nose piercing done but haven't utilized either of them for more than 10 years now. Just woke up one day and thought the nose-ring looked stupid really. Classic term maoriboy, "muffin tops" eh. I like the belly-button piercings on the non-flabby girls, tongue ones are all good as well.