Britain writes to America about Bush

If Americans think that they are the world's super power, how dare they critisize what other countries peole think. After all the Us president does have an impact on the rest of the world. Afgan & Iraq...etc etc.

The whole thing was a setup of the type that online chatroomers used to call a "troll".

The first question that comes to mind is, what kind of person would have the desire and time to actually follow through with a written response to such letters?

If I were still in college and leading the grand old student lifestyle, I and my roommates would have sat around drinking beers and each writing 5-10 different absurd or seemingly real responses, all under fake names.

I must admit I have already drafted several in my head, but being a slave-driven expat worker with many pressing obligations, I don't have time to commit them to writing.

The other way to look at it is, Americans have an obsession with orthodontia and cosmetic dentistry.

Just as they have forgotten what real normal beef tastes like, so also have they forgotten what a real normal human mouth looks like.

Isn't there an episode of the Simpsons where the dentist finally gets the little one to open her mouth by showing her a few pages from "The Book of British Teeth"?

Quote:
Isn't there an episode of the Simpsons where the dentist finally gets the little one to open her mouth by showing her a few pages from "The Book of British Teeth"?
hehe I remember that - "The big book of British smiles." \:D

I think this is my favourite -

"My dear, beloved Brits,

I understand the Guardian is sponsoring a service where British citizens write to Americans to advise them on how to vote. Thank heavens! I was adrift in a sea of confusion and you are my beacon of hope!

Feel free to respond to this email with your advice. Please keep in mind that I am something of an anglophile, so this is not confrontational. Please remember, too, that I am merely an American. That means I am not very bright. It means I have no culture or sense of history. It also means that I am barely literate, so please don't use big, fancy words.

Set me straight, folks!

Dayton, Ohio "

Superb! lol.gif