Compulsory drug testing at work

Read an interesting article over on the Guardian. It's football related, but WAIT UP, its not really about football!

A Chelsea player has been caught with traces of cocaine in his blood in a random drugs test, and is now facing the consequences. The article brings up the point of footballers being one of less than 10% where drug testing is compulsory.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1331343,00.html

"Employees at the other 90% of British companies, however, can rest easy in the knowledge that as long as their indulgence in recreational drugs remains a private matter and does not impinge on their work, it will remain their business."

"Drug testing in sport exists to prevent cheating through the use of performance-enhancing drugs, not to regulate the personal morality of athletes. Current regulations, however, allow little room for sports' governing bodies to recognise the difference."

I think Mutu is a complete tit (from all sorts of other crap he's done), but he is stupid when he knows that they're increasingly trying to clamp down on these things.... and whatever the arguments, recreational drugs are on the banned lists.

Anyway, I'm tired and probably not making much sense, but my point is I suppose is anyone here in a job where you getting compulsory drug test as part of being there?

It really is amazing, the world of jobs. Compulsory drug testing at work? Necessary for some I suppose.

But take, for example, my sister's graphic design job at one of the top ad boutiques used by the US automakers...at her workplace, it's almost like they have a Compulsory Drug Use policy.

There is always a pitcher of margaritas making the rounds, and rare is the day indeed when a voice doesn't rise above the cubicle walls saying something like "Hey thanks for that great herb, Dawg!"

There are jobs, and there are jobs.

What are YOU working at right now?

confused.gif

At the different junior/high schools Ive been at in Japan, everytime I have had to piss in a cup but I dont think that has anything to do with a drug test - errrr, if it was Im sure my @ss wouldve been on a plane a long time ago cool.gif

Same thing when Ive had colds in Japan in both Hiroshima and Kobe, headed to the local hospital, and had to piss in the cup - not a doc so dont know what a cold and pissing in a cup has to do with each other lol.gif

yes i love the "random" drug tests here, you get to TRY to pee in a cup while some dude stares at your wang... or some chick stares at your chung (for the ladies)

couldnt think of anything else but wang chung for some reason