I just saw a short thing on discovery channel (?) that showed some city skylines from around the world - some of them looked awesome even if I never really heard of the places.

Do you have a favorite city skyline? with pics?

;\)

Sydney - day or night, but has to be from the correct angle.

Paris at night - not so much a sky line, just a huge amazing sight.

NY - the linear aspect is fantastic, so to is the architectural shape of the buildings (kind of 'wedding cake' shaped). There are so many buildings there that it is a great city skyline, even with it's two front teeth missing.

Chicago - along the lake looks good.

Not to mention the ubiquitous Hong Kong Island...

A lot of Islamic based/historically islamic cities, Lahore, New Dehli, etc have interesting skylines with the domes and minuets(?), old forts... if you can see passed the smog, that is.

Honolulu at night looking at Waikiki towards Diamond Head from the water aboard a sail boat, surf board or catamaran.

NYC Manhattan at night from the East River.

The Vegas Strip at night.

HK is wild, shanghai is pretty special too.

It's quite touristy, but looking at San Fran from Alcatraz is a pretty good view - two bridges and then the city compacted into the middle.

Moscow has got an amazing skyline - standing in Red Square is fantastic, and the Seven Sisters scattered through the city are all mindblowing.

But a fave is Vancouver on a clear night from the south side of the river, with Grouse mountain lit up in the distance.

I'm going to Shanghai next week. We will stay at the peace hotel. So, I'm looking forward to the Shanghai skyline from the roof!

I like Tokyo skyline from Rainbow Bridge on a fine day and always happy to see Fujisan. \:\)