Bud Light on occasion but I never ever ever drink Bud. I don't know many who do. I assume it's a Southern redneck drink wakaranai.gif I also have the image that military folks drink Bud.

I could be wrong.

the local Parco have a Budweiser beer garden on the roof during the summer. Went there for the Bud girls...the beer was, quite frankly, the worst shit Ive ever tasted. Maybe it was just the bar but geez I almost asked for my money back. mad.gif

Bad beer! I remember working in a restaurant in Australia and the liquer supplier had a Bud campain, cheap prices. So my dumb arse boss bought a sh*t load. After about 2 months we ditched 85% of it in the bin. Nobody liked the Bud! Nobody even wanted to take it home free of charge! ;\)

one of the reasons for buds incredible popularity in the states is due to the baby-boomer generation...and vietnam.

Bud was the only beer easily available to american gi's in vietnam...talk about a good way to develop customer loyalty!

That does not mean it is good...it is cheap. There are cheap bad tasting beers in every country you go to...

The US has sooooo many brews available it would take a lifetime to try them all...my favorite beers all come from the US...Sierra Nevada IPA...mmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
The US has sooooo many brews available it would take a lifetime to try them all...my favorite beers all come from the US...Sierra Nevada IPA...mmmmmm
I agree - there are some excellent micro brews there. I just had the Daisen micro brew over the weekend and it was good!! clap.gif

I think Skol is a subsidiary of Carlsberg Malaysia .... I seem to remember one of my beer aficionado friends mentioning it anyway.

I agree with the Bud-haters here. It's heinous. But I guess it makes sense that Americans would love it, after all, they like Fosters Lager too. And pretty much every Australian (where Fosters is from) absolutely hates it.

Best beer I've ever tasted: Mountain Goat Hightail Ale, closely followed by Grand Ridge Natural Blonde (both Victorian microbreweries)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett Jackson:

I agree with the Bud-haters here. It's heinous. But I guess it makes sense that Americans would love it, after all, they like Fosters Lager too. And pretty much every Australian (where Fosters is from) absolutely hates it.
Many of the people on this forum who say they hate bud are Americans mate. Fosters sucks too.
Seems many people only relate American beers to Bud and the likes, same with Aussies and Fosters. Certainly both countries have many more rich tasting beers. Sterotypes... lol.gif
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to a friends house over the weekend, and he was so pleased to be able to give me some Bud - he thought I'd be well chuffed that he got me some kaigai biiru. I had one of them just to make him happy, and yes, it did suck.

During my alcoholic haze days in Walled Lake, Michigan I would have recourse to Bud or Bud Light when I wanted to slow things down after all the strong beer, wine and/or liquor.

It was so watery and light, it seemed to rehydrate me and prep me for more drinking later on.

Much like a professional tennis player sitting down for a short break when changing ends.

\:D