I heard a rumour some time ago about some ladies only train carriages to be introduced somewhere so the gals can get on and not be afraid to get their bottom stroked by some otaku perv.

Did that actually happen, or was it just a rumour?

Got em in Kansai GG. Probably a nice thing for women and am glad to see them. If I was a girl it would comfort me some Im sure until that same chikan comes up the stairs and grabs em anyways.

Has anybody ever seen a chikan grab somebody? I would knock somebody out if I ever saw that mad.gif

I stopped a chikan once during my train career in Tokyo.

One morning on the usual crowded sardine train this Oyaji started feeling up a high school girl who was standing in front of me. The Oyaji was drooling over and eyeing her up from her right side, then all of a sudden as the train jerked during braking he turned around grabbed her arse with one hand then her breast with the other.

She had this look of shock and discomfort on her innocent face, but never let out a scream or kick up a much of a fuss. I guess it was the pure shock of it all. She was probably all of 14 or so.

After I had got over the intial shock of this blatant grabing I yelled out "Oi" wedge myself between him and the girl, moved the girl out of the way and grabbed hold of the Oyaji by the lapel of this jacket until the train stopped.

When the doors opened he tried to get away, but there was no way he was going anywhere. A 6'5" white guy vs a 5' if he stood on his toes J Oyaji. There was no way he was getting away.

I asked the girl if she wanted to come with me to the station office and report the man, but she refused and just walked off. I had no choice but to let the prat go!

Unbelievable!

Besides this girls inaction, what really shocked me was those around me on the train knew what had happened, but no-one could give a sh!t!

To them I was just some foreigner who was making a fuss. It really riled me that day of the indifference to other people of the Tokyoites.

In fact it still riles me to this day.

yeah a bloke from my work witnessed this happening on a train and leaned over and belted the guy(who was sitting down).....then some old battle axe started battering him with her handbag as she thought he wanted the chikans seat!...I would have paid to have seen that!

Quote:

chikan
chikan - molester or pervert.
Interesting word, I checked out the Kanji.
chi - stupid or foolish
kan - sino , china.

sigh, are all perverts and molesters, stupid chinese people?

A friend of a friend bailed up a lecherous salaryman once who had copped a feel on a train. This old scallywag was apparently a fiery old wanker and started screaming xenophobic abuse and wanted to have a go.....I am sure unless this old man had been an expert in Aikido he would have gotten a hiding