• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all snow brothers and sisters!

I got 1 1/2 years "in prison with forced labour"

BUT sentence was suspended for 3 years.

I'm free!

I even got the CD cases that my friend used to send the hash. Without the hash of course, but they SMELL ;\)

Freedom is such a high!

ATB

Thunderpants

good news about your suspended sentence, incarceration for such a petty crime would have been hell.

suspended sentence means that it will not be enforced if you stay out of trouble for 3 years. break the law within this time frame and they can whack you into jail.

I think the import detail was the worst, but the judge did not specify which offence was worth x amount of time, i was just handed a "bundled" sentence.

If any of you have interest in the law, or want to be active in changing it. visit this site (japanese)

The guy who runs the site has been a great support for my wife during my imprisonment

He deserves 5 stars!

Right now he is collecting signatures to support a brother in jail. if anyone is interested, i can give more details in english. Please PM me

ATB

Thunder

I am happy that you are now free Thunderpants. It must have been quite an experience.

The law sure looks like it's not perfect, and quite severity, but I think there are far more worthy things that need peoples efforts to do with than to trying to change laws regarding the drugs. It's quite simple, just don't do them.

Taguchi!

Thanks for your reply. I respect your opinion.

Did you know that the maximum sentence for kidnapping in japan is 5 years?

The maximum sentence for smuggling weed is 7 years.

The Japanese constitution gives everyone the right to pursue one's own happiness.

I get happy from smoking, it improves the quality of life for me!

I also wanted to ask you one question, but then you decided to quit this tread. Since you are back i'll try.

What would you think and what would you do if your kid got arrested for the same crime as i have?

I'm not accusing you of being a bad parent, just wanted your opinion.. ;\)

ATB

Thunderpants

Hi there Thunderpants,

I would just like to say that the way you spoke in this thread made you twice the person that many people are. I know plenty of characters who would be better people if they had what you appear to have inside of you. Your wife no doubt knows this and so I am not surprised at all that she stood by you, she knows where the good things are at \:\) . Enjoy the coming season.

db

Ps - You shouldn’t have broken the law, but I am sure you don’t need to be told that.

I humbly bow db sama!

No i should not have broken the law.

I should not have dragged my surroundings thru all this.

I thank God that i was allowed one mistake, i thank God i have learned from that mistake.

..and i thank Snowjapan and it's users for this forum and the positive respons

..And now to something completly different

S N O W (the natural kind)

ATB

Thunderpants

Thunderpants. Sorry for delay.

Quote:
Did you know that the maximum sentence for kidnapping in japan is 5 years? The maximum sentence for smuggling weed is 7 years.
I do not know much about sentences for any crimes, no. I am generally not interested in such thing.

Quote:
I get happy from smoking, it improves the quality of life for me!
Maybe, but it is illegal. That is fact. If you want to enjoying it, why not live some place you know it is ok to doing it?

Quote:
What would you think and what would you do if your kid got arrested for the same crime as i have?
Well for starting, I would hoping that I brought him up to not be so foolish. I would hoping that he would not put himself in such situation. I think thats easy to understand, right. If he did come to your situation, I would of course try to support him. Of course. I don't know exactly what I do because I am not that situation, but I would want to help.

But that does not mean that I would want become involved in this issue for other people who I have no connection with. Why should I spend my time do that? I think there is many more important thing that people can do and be active about than try to help people braking drug laws.

Also I am sure you nice guy, but I find it strange that some people talking like you are some kind of hero. That seems very strange. Do you think you are?

Very interesting topic. As usual - the basic two sides - those who smoke "support", and those who don't smoke are "against". Kinda like ducking ropes...

TP - I applaud you for sharing your story. Folks need to know that "if you do the crime, you do the time". Its that simple. Obviously you did some time, and also learned something from this experience.

It is amazing to me how others chime in with how "unfair" TP was treated, or how "the laws are screwed up". I'm sure there are many a rapist sitting behind bars thinking they wished rape wasn't against the law. I'm not saying rape and smoking dope are similar crimes - only that EVERYONE picks and chooses which laws to follow, and its usually the ones they disagree with that they break most often.

But folks should know that when they choose to break a law, they risk getting caught. And when they do, they have no one to blame but themselves. TP seems to have done that, which is a lot more than many folks I know would have done...

For the most part - laws are created to maintain a sense of order. Some of the best countries in the world have the best laws and that makes living in those countries relatively crime free. One of the best reasons I love Japan is the fact its pretty much crime free. So if I gotta live in a country that gives a kidnapper less time than a weed smoker - so be it. Besides - if a kidnapper took someone I loved - the "short" 5 year sentence means that I get my turn to pass another "sentence" that much sooner...

Yes, I thought that last line was rather telling.

What Ray and taguchi says ignores the fact that laws are not static and unchanging, and are in fact open to research and debate. This may seem rather obvious to some, especially as it's going on in Europe and Canada concerning weed. Of course it's debatable whether the punishments in Japan for possessing weed are responsible for the admirable civil order in Japan, or are largely irrelevant to it. Laws get changed because society changes. There are other aspects of Japanese law that need review - such as how crimes are investigated and prosecuted, and the death penalty. Why not consider a few personal freedoms at the same time?

If enough people want to do what the law currently prohibits, it's time to change the law, after sufficient investigation and debate. The same sort of debate is happening in the US over gay marriage. People will agitate for what is important for themselves.

I accept laws are not static and unchanging.

That does not changing my feeling about this. I am not interested in researching and debating such things - especially those concerning issues like drugs. Why should I? There are many more important and urgent issues in world than this and I am far too busy with my own life to be concerned with such things.