I have friends who will only go out there on a sunny day with the best conditions. They're not hardcore, I can imagine how they feel - feel it's a waste of cash.

I don't care though, only the strongest fukubi will keep me off the slopes.

I used to be out there whatever the weather.

As I'm getting on a bit now, real strong winds and heavy heavy snow might persuade me to take a soak or do something else instead. ;\)

Well I was joking.

However it does take an amount of the white stuff for us to be able to enjoy our sport. There are also things that I find enjoyable about skiing in bad weather. Do I want to ski in a white out all the time no!

Things that are enjoyable include:

Less people

Freshies

No lift lines

Freshies

And there is something about batting down the hatches and being in your own self contained world

Oh and did I say freshies

I think this is surely going to depend on the big issue - do you live right on the slopes and can you pick and choose when you go? People who go for their hols from the city don't get much say in the matter. People living nearby can be picky!

When I went to Hokkaido for a few days last season I was out all day every day, first lift to last.

The locals and those doing the whole season thought I was crazy, but living in Tokyo you have to take it while you can get it.

I just thought they were soft.

can't say i like riding in a whiteout, but i love freshies! i'd much rather take wild weather and fresh snow than bluebird and tracked.

if its snowing heavily playing around in empty tree runs is the best. and the nighta at hirafu when its dumping is absolutely phenomenal.

I don't mind skiing in a blizzard. Except above treeline. That just gets difficult eek.gif

Rain will keep me indoors. Although I have a had a fun day or two in light rain. Snow gets so slow though.

But nothing is better than a cold bluebird powder day clap.gif

Well I'm not always a wuss - I can manage being out there in the snow, even fairly heavy snow. (I just don't want to freeze my balls off by camping out in the stuff overnight!)