Got me dog spade yesterday and picked her up this morning, she looks real bad, I feel sorry for her but it just had to be done. Shees done nothing but sleep since we got home and Im not about to wake her, she should be right in about a week. Poor thing has a huge bandage around her guts to cover the 5cm hole the vet cut into her, and about a dozen stitches, but she`ll be all good and ready for winter.

What kind of dog, Telleboy?

I used to have all my cats spayed. It was awful they way they sadly looked into my eyes as I brought them home from the vet.

There was an animal rights vet in L.A. who used to do it for free. You just paid for medicine and medical supplies, that was it.

\:\(

Shes a Husky/Sheeba X, shes not a happy camper at the mo, just sits there looking at me with big droopy blue eyes, I feel really bad for her. I just changed her dressing because the ones the vet put on wern`t very good. He uesed a bandage the was sticky all over so I had a hell of a time trying to be gentle and removing the bandage. Pretty much had to cut heaps of her fur to get it off but she looks more comfortable with the new one on. Had to make a cone for her head so she would leave her cut alone, the vet never put one on, He did not come very highly recomended but we didnt have much choice on where to take her.

My dog was free!! last of the litter to go. Nobody wanted her because she has a chunk taken out of her left nostral courtesy of her grand mother, she was trying to steal food from her, so everyone thought she was deformed. I didnt really care about her looks, don`t even notice it anymore. Hope she heals quick cos I`ve ordered her a new dog sled harness for winter so she can tow me around the roads!! Gonna be a blast.

Kinda scary sometimes how OC and I are on similar wavelengths...

Momo and I are quite happy with our daughter Jenny and don't feel the need to have any more children so I was gonna see about having myself spayed too. Anyone out there have any experience with that? I'm thinking its still warm outside, no real snowboarding in sight yet so maybe now is a good time so I'm recovered by the time the slopes open. How long does that take anyway? (to recover that is)

The alternative is to wait until the spring cause I dont' want to miss any mountain time once they open up...

Would it be possible to train a sled dog team to act as chairlifts in the backcountry? For those too lazy to skin it up?

In principle, I think dogs could understand the concept. It's really no different from their fetching a stick over and over again. It's just that you are the stick, and there are 10 dogs fetching you up a powder glade.

\:D

Hey Ray, if you get spayed then you will have to wear a bucket on your head to stop you from chewing your stitches. At least my dog did when he had his nut operation, but then he can lick his balls, unlike you and I ;\)

Welcome back! wave.gif

Ray, it's done with a local anesthetic and I'm told you can smell your own tubes being cauterized. It costs about 50,000 yen and recovery is 1-2 days. You also have to be aware that there might still be a live round left in the chamber, so you have to shoot at the ground a couple of times before you start firing blanks.

When I was in Med school I watch a dude getting the job done.NASTY. Like O11 said only local used so you can look at yourself getting the snip while theyre doing it. Walk in and hobble out two hours later. Will get it done myself oneday as its easier for me than the wife but will need some serious fortifying before I go in.

A friend had it done and described it as thus:

"They jabbed a needle in me groin, then me fellas went numb. They cut a hole in the side o' me goatsack (he is British ... I assumed 'goatsack' is British slang for scrotum?), stuck a crochet hook thing in and pulled out me tubes. Snip, snip tie, tie. Sewed me up and hey presto - shootin blanks."

He decided to give it a whirl with his partner that evening apparently. I don't think it went well.

P.S. O11: "One left in the chamber", "Shoot at the ground" .... man ... that's some funny $hit.

So how does "it" function after the procedure? Do you literally shoot blanks? Like, not only no more kiddies, but no more Money Shots either? (not that the average married for 15 years wife is into that kind of stuff anyway, at least not with hubby).

This discussion reminds me of Clock. What happened to him? His girly was a naughty one alright.

As far as I'm aware, the only way you'd be able to tell the difference is if you took the 'money shot' and placed it under a microscope. Instead of lots of wriggling tails in goo, there'd be nothing but goo.

This really has de-generated. Perhaps we should revert back to the actual topic?

How's Telleboy's dog doing I wonder?

Dogs great now, all the swellings down and she gets her stiches out tommorrow morning, Ive already had her back in her old sled harness pulling me on my bike. Cant wait for her new harness to arrive as it will be heaps more comfortable for her, cant wait for the snow either, but it did snow last night to about 1/3 of the way down Goryu and 47, Happo got snow about half way down. All we need now is for it to snow down in town so I can haul ass on my old skis behind the dog!! clap.gif