Hi,

A friend and myself have booked 7 days in Niseko for a ski/snowboard trip. We are a bit worried about how much snow is going to be around. I don't expect any of you to be able to forcast this but wanted to get a general opinion on what amount of snow is going to be around.

Let me know your thoughts please it would be really appreciated.

Thanks. Nick

Cool, Now excuse my total random question what is a good depth to be able to snowboard and ski on? I have only been on the slopes a hand full of times and they say that it can reach various base depths. What is an acceptable base depth to be able to enjoy and have the feilds open etc?

Thanks for the info guys, Worst case where else is a good option in the Niseko/North area to try our luck for some snow if nothing falls? Anything with artificial snow or something? We are talking worst case if i have to opt for that

You should be able to ride, just a lot of runs will not be open. eg the whole Hanazono area doesn't 'officially' open till 3rd week of Dec.

I remember one year though, where it was neck deep on opening day and another year where the Saturday day was very average, but then dumped 1.3m and Sunday was sensational, that was around the 5thDec, so you could be lucky. \:\)

The first places to open in Hokaido (with natural snow - not man-made) are usually Kurodake (central Hokaido - far from Niseko), Nakayama Toge (in the Niseko area - kind of), and Sapporo Kokusai (good for boarding, OK for skiing). These are the highest resorts.

Have fun.