I'm going to do an "oishii" program

Hi I'm new here, been reading it for a while but thought I'd sign up and join in.

I live in a very inaka area and next week I'm going to be filming a program with the ken tv station. It's one of those food programs where you have to eat and say "oishii" and pull funny faces. Seems they wanted a gaijin special and for a number of reasons I've landed the role. lol.gif lol.gif I'm hoping it just doesn't come down to them taking me to real traditional Japanese places where they think I'll hate the food, I have told them what I like and what I don't like.

Should be fun!

Well I hope that you are going to practice the following:

- eating noises - nice and loud now, show your appreciation!

- different ways of shouting "oishii" in a surprised/amazed fashion

You need to get them polished up before you consider doing an oishii program.

I did something like that. Beware! They might just cut it down to all the "silly bits" - ie you messing up with your chopsticks, can't eat some half-alive disgusting food or something like that. I was pretty pissed when I saw what they put on air and what was cut. Not that you'll most likely have much say in the matter of course......

My missus does a couple of programs on local cable tv, one of which is an "oishii" program. The money's nothing special, but she really enjoys doing it. We both get a good laugh out of it.

The secret is to take only a tiny amount of food when you're commentating. That's unless you want to do a Nagatani-en slurpathon or spit on the camera.

As they say in the theatre, break a leg!

Well I haven't seen what they have edited it down to (itll be a week or so) but it was a right laugh, with just a few minor problems. Not got time to go into it now, will be back soon with more.

• 2 months later...

OK here goes. Sorry for the delay.

It took a full day and we went round about 7 different places. They told me to not eat anything at all before starting. Anyway, they pick me up, introduce me to the staff (cameraman, lights, director (?), and presenter) and we're off. They hadn't told me where I would be going before the day but gave me a list and brief explanation early on.

The first place