It's even on BBC how mad the Japanese ladies are about Yon-sama

Korean actor Bae Yong-joon has been greeted by thousands of screaming fans on a visit to Japan's capital Tokyo.

The 32-year-actor, who has starred in hit television dramas shown in Japan, is known as Yong Sama - a name which means "royalty" in Japanese.

The star has become one of the most popular actors in Japan due to a fashion for all things Korean.

Bae has become a household name for his role in Winter Sonata, a soap opera which scored huge ratings.

The actor said he was worried before making the trip to Tokyo.

Love affair

"I could hardly sleep last night. I was worried there would be so many fans that they might hurt themselves," he said.

The thousands of mainly middle-aged female fans who turned out to see Bae either cried or grabbed pictures of him on their mobile phones.

Japan's love affair with Korea follows a tense history between the two nations, after the Japanese occupation of the Korean peninsula from 1910-45.

But the popularity of recent Korean soap operas has strengthened the sense of cultural affinity between the two countries.

Around 100,000 Japanese women are expected to go on tours of South Korea which feature locations from Winter Sonata. ( eek.gif )

The dramas usually feature traditional Asian values like repsect for parents, plus romance and nostalgia.

Critics have called the soap operas "soppy", and said that Japanese people should concentrate on changing their attitudes to ethnic Koreans who live in Japan.

Totally over the top if you ask me. Baa Baa black sheeps really showing their age on this one!

The beatles was acceptable but what has this guy given the world? Bad thing for him is that if he wanted to shag a few of his fans I'd have to feel alittle sorry for him coz they are all old and BUTT ugly.

Personally I hope they all fall over and cruch each other in a mad stampede to catch one of his dirty hand towles!

well the morning programs and the evening news that I have been seeing ( not by choice, wife watches!) since this silly thing started have been burnt out middle aged women and above.

I guess they are just fantasizing about being with a younger bloke..

I don't think it's that at all actually. There are plenty of young dudes around.

Yon-sama is just such a romantic, lovely type. And, er, Korean. And it's Korean boom time.

Did I convince you? ;\)

Quote:
Around 100,000 Japanese women are expected to go on tours of South Korea which feature locations from Winter Sonata
That sure is scary!!! 100,000!!! eek.gif Nuts.

He does seem to have quite a lot of obasan fans, but there were quite a few babes in there too ;\)

How did all this start, is this Winter Sonata thing the main culprit?
 Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Around 100,000 Japanese women are expected to go on tours of South Korea which feature locations from Winter Sonata. ( eek.gif )
I think Japan/Japanese have always had a fascination in Korea. Take the comfort women for example - how many women were loved by the Japanese army? 100,000ish? Koreans always seem to love brining up that fact, maybe this is their chance to return the favor? :rolleyes:

Baaaaaaaa baaaaaa - theyre all sheep.

A metaphor for America is America is a melting pot. For Japan, my mate and I decided that Japan is a rice field. Every grain of rice is the same and when the field gets infected, they all get infected.

Yon sama though is ripped!! Have you seen his body? Geeze, wish I looked that good. \:o

He actually comes across as a pretty nice guy in everything I have seen. He is very smart as far as spending time waving to the fans etc as that only increases his wealth.

I just think its the fans that need a head check, or at least to let their husbands in on one of their Yon Sama fantasies.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
He actually comes across as a pretty nice guy in everything I have seen. He is very smart as far as spending time waving to the fans etc as that only increases his wealth.
I just think its the fans that need a head check, or at least to let their husbands in on one of their Yon Sama fantasies.
Indo, check Tokyu Hands, I wouldnt think itd be too much longer before you can buy those masks. New Cos Play thang \:D