So it was you who put this post up Peaker!

I'm just glad the children have left the post so we can get on with discussing, not fighting. I'm right into ducking the ropes, but I'm not going to complain if I get chased and bitched-out. Personally, I wish there weren't any filthy weather days so I could avoid those steel monstrosities (lifts) all season.

I already know what you'll vote Peaker. You didn't put that fourth option in for nothing.

Good poll. Catch you out there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes....wot a smozel that was to read!

Got to agree with bag o crisps...

Would ha thought there'd been a few more protesters out there!

With all the mental energy that's gone into this thread.....you'd think somebody would have come up with a good reason for not skiing under the lifts.

Sorry, but potentially getting too much air and landing in a chair is far too funny (and totally improbable) to be a reason.

Every other reason can be countered by saying that skiing anywhere within a course is equally as dangerous as you have WAY more obstacles to avoid just riding down the course...ie...outta control riders, rocks, trees, malicious skiers who try and clothesline you with a pole.

Silly rule all in all. If no one ever broke "silly rules" we'd all still be wearing long johns to the beach.

Quote:
Sorry, but potentially getting too much air and landing in a chair is far too funny (and totally improbable) to be a reason.
I have touched the snow with my snowboard whilst ridng some chairs in Japan.

I've been to a few places where u can touch the snow with your skis/board while on the lifts... kinda fig'd jland would be the same.

so then DB...did you try and land in a chair....? and if not...why not? ;\)