Massive quake in SE Asia

Dead up to 220,000 now. eek.gif

>>The number of people known to have died in last month's Asian tsunami has reached 220,000.

The toll increased dramatically after Indonesian officials announced that more than 166,000 had been confirmed dead in their country alone.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Rach, still can't believe that in such a populated area of the globe that the nations haven't got an early warning system like we've got in the Pacific.

ASEAN needs to get their fingers out and address that lack of intelligence instead of feathering their own nests like that other useless bunch called the UN. mad.gif

Slightly different of course but I was watching something here in Japan the other day and they were talking about a tsunami warning that had been issued sometime last year (?) somewhere in Japan. It said something like only 6% actually did anything, the rest (of the people who even knew about it) ignored it.

Of course if it was a major thing it might be different, and saving just a few lives is good, but it made for an interesting watch all the same.

• 2 months later...

They must be wondering what the hell they have done to deserve it.

I've been to Indonesia, loved my time there and made some good friends. Not sure I'd be too keen to be going back.